Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Carry a Springfield Armory TRP Operator .45 ACP with FULL LENGTH Rail? If so what ammo do you like for it and what holsters do you prefer for concealed carry despite it being a big gun?

PC9105LCA18_WEB-1200x800-2.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 45 ACP AUTO Ammo 185 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point. Goes in my TRP (non-rail) . With:
1791 GUNLEATHER 1911 Holster, Right Hand OWB Leather Gun Holster for Belts fits All 1911 Models with 4" and 5" Barrels (amazon)
Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I carry a full size Sig Nitron 1911 w/rail in a custom speed cut OWB holster that I cover with either an unbuttoned cover shirt or in cooler weather a jacket

·
Registered
Various
15,483 Posts
How do you like the 10MM and what ammo are you shooting?

Love the 10mm. I have three 1911s, an S&W 1006, and a Ruger GP100 Match Champion revolver in 10mm. I most often carry Underwood 180 grain XTP.

·
Super Moderator
19,228 Posts
Any preference as to carry ammo?
Federal 230 gr HST, but I've run other premium JHPs through the gun without a hiccup.

In the spirit of full disclosure, Eric Zinn (lead 'smith at CZ Custom) went through the gun, and it'll feed empty cases without a bobble.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I rarely carry a full size 1911 - mine is a Springer with no rail - but when I do, it is in a Bianchi X-15 vertical shoulder holster. Ammo? My Springfields eat pretty much anything, but I like Hornady Critical Defense.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The standard TRP has fixed Low Profile Combat, 3 - Dot Tritium sights and the TRP™ OPERATOR W/ FULL LENGTH INTEGRAL ACCESSORY RAIL has the, I believe, Bomar adjustable 3-Dot Tritium sights. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with the adjustable sights? I have experience with with the fixed Low Profile Combat, 3 - Dot Tritium sights. What is your experience with the adjustable models? If they are Bomar they should be great sights. I appreciate real world input!

Rocky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts