Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some Magtech 9 MM ammo and was wondering if anyone has anything to comment about the 115gr, JHP round. Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've fired some of the Guardian Gold 115 gr. JHP through my PT709, and it fired flawlessly. Seemed to have a lot of muzzle flash, but it fired true!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm interested to learn other's experiences too. I just got a box of the blue and gold JHP the "9C" version. I'm not sure if I'll use it for SD, but I'm going to test it.

Mardet, are you talking about the ammo I just mentioned or their higher end lines (First Defense and Guardian Gold)? This link will take you to each of thier products: Search Products

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just bought some Magtech 9 MM ammo and was wondering if anyone has anything to comment about the 115gr, JHP round. Thanks
I saw a test on them on the Internet and they did not work as well as other brands
If you like the 115 grain bullet , try DPX because they are made from solid copper and do not come apart as EZ as other 115 gr. bullets
This means better penetration ,IMO:hand10:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested to learn other's experiences too. I just got a box of the blue and gold JHP the "9C" version. I'm not sure if I'll use it for SD, but I'm going to test it.

Mardet, are you talking about the ammo I just mentioned or their higher end lines (First Defense and Guardian Gold)? This link will take you to each of thier products: Search Products
Yes, the 9C version and thank you.:bier:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw a test on them on the Internet and they did not work as well as other brands
If you like the 115 grain bullet , try DPX because they are made from solid copper and do not come apart as EZ as other 115 gr. bullets
This means better penetration ,IMO:hand10:
I purchased these because they were recommended for personal protection by the gun dealer and also because 50 were priced just slightly higher than 20 of the other 2 brands available.

·
Registered
446 Posts
ASSA9...do you have a link for that internet test? I'd be interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't trust my life to South American standards & attention to quality.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Not 9mm but I have shot some 230 gr .45 seemed to work well, all of them went bang and no feed problems. I recommend feeding a couple hundred through your defensive gun. Enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts