Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an XD40 4" model and I was looking at the MaxCon-V holster. Does anyone out there have an opinion for or against?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Theres a few people who carry a 4" xd not sure if they use the Maxcon or not ..

But the Maxcon gets a high rating on the forum here from folks who have one

Wait a little and im Sure Euc and some of the others will swing by and give ya some more info

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well given the amount of XD leather I make...I know how many people carry the XD. A LOT! The MCV would be a superb holster for you...its designed to spread the weight out and be as thin as possible.
Give Gary a call.....you will not be dissappointed by your choice.
Shoot well.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
You absolutely cannot go wrong with what you are considering doing. I've carried a 4" XD for some time now and I'm about to go broke with all the .45 ammo I keep shooting out of my new one.

I will remark the only reason I haven't ordered this holster for this gun is that I've had to resort to kydex for IWB, I found I just sweat too much in the Texas heat, but I'm convinced after trying a couple different holsters the Brommeland design would probably be superior for IWB. I'm just a wuss that doesn't like leather sticking to me and I don't like it when my holsters stink.

For OWB holsters, which I'm going to try out here soon, I still prefer leather.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I sometimes carry my XD9 service in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. $60 (shipped) for all the bells and whistles. It is the most comfortable holster I've found yet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I either carry an XD9 service or a Glock 27. I use a C-TAC with the XD. A good holster but I just can not get used to kydex, not comfortable for me. That is why I have a Max Con on order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts