Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ruger P 345 is likely to be my next purchase. Is it easily concealable IWB? If so what rig do you recommend?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I use a SmartCarry (large versus medium - ask Charley) which I find very comfortable and very concealed; my other is a CrossBreed SuperTuck, which is a very comfortable IWB, but one should consider buying pants a waist size larger. I also have a quick throw-on OWB Fobus SP-11 paddle holster that carries the P345 high and close in, and I've had no problems drawing, and with a loose outside shirt, no problem with concealing OWB. SmartCarry is my #1, as I can carry the .45 and a clip with no pants slipping downward...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Easily concealable is subjective. But I don't see why it would be. It all depends on your body type and your gear, and how much heft your accustomed to carrying. I have and still do on occasion CC guns that are at least as large, if not larger.

Case in point: M&P service pistol. OWB scabbard, FBI cant, 3:30. Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch.

I nearly bought a P345 when it was first released to the public and being offered at a very attractive price of $399 in my AO. Some times I wish that I had.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Of all the Ruger autos the 345 is probably my favorite centerfire, although I don't own one. I think joe was on the right track recommending the Crossbreed Supertuck. Very nice holster.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Great gun. It is fairly light weight for a 45ACP, thin, and contoured to reduce snags when drawing. I love mine, and have carried it in a pancake holster under a cover shirt. Works quite well. However, these days I carry a PF-9 most of the time. I'm getting lazy in my old age.

·
Registered
73 Posts
TheP345 is my EDC. I currently use a High Noon Bare Asset IWB at about 3:30 or 4 o'clock. I love it. I am very accurate with it, the recoil is less than most .45s, and it fits like a glove in my hand.

Funny, I just tonight ordered a Don Hume 715 IWB from GunnersAlley.com. The Bare Asset has served me well, but I bent the clip out of shape and it is an excuse to try another holster.

Trust me you can't go wrong with a Ruger P 345

·
Registered
350 Posts
I sometimes cc a Ruger P89DC, which is bulkier than the P345, so I don't imagine it should be a problem to carry the P345. With the P89DC, I use a Kramer IWB holster.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have posted this before but I had a P345 that would fail to fire 1 out of every 5 DA pulls. Hammer would drop with no bang. I never dry fired without a mag and bought it new in the box. Sent it back to Ruger and they didn't find anything wrong with it. I could't trust it anymore and traded it in at the store I bought it from.

I have only heard of one other person with this complaint though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts