Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here EDC a H&K P30?

I'm looking at getting the 40 S&W version with a LEM trigger when it comes out in October. I'd like to use it as both a duty gun and my concealed carry off duty. My concern is that the large grip will make it too hard to conceal.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Everything I have read and heard is Positive about the 9 mm version.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I know of one guy who carries it as his EDC and duty carry. he also shoots it in IDPA as his regular competition gun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone here EDC a H&K P30?

I'm looking at getting the 40 S&W version with a LEM trigger when it comes out in October. I'd like to use it as both a duty gun and my concealed carry off duty. My concern is that the large grip will make it too hard to conceal.

Any thoughts?
I have been carrying a USPc 9mm for about a year and recently purchased a p2000 b/c I like the ergonomics of the grip better. I wanted the p30 but got the p2000 b/c I could buy one used for less money and I could get the LEM trigger easier than the p30. The p2000 and p30 are very similar, so I would say go for it or maybe take a look at the p2000.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My main concern would be the "spidey-grips" (similar to those on the HK45 full-size) being too abrasive against my skin, and/or catching on cover garments...

The former can be solved w/ a "wife-beater" shirt, though... Not sure if the cover garment snagging would be a real issue or not... I know that people do it, though (cc the P30, that is)...

Nice gun...

Regards,

Bones

1 - 5 of 5 Posts