Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to give this a try and its quite comfy and conceals excellent Its a high noon holsters bare asset IWB rig worn between the belt. what do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Looks a bit bulky, but if it works for you, that's all that counts...we all experiment.:yup::hand10:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Per High Noon's website, the Bare Asset is an inside the waistband holster. I'm curious why you would wear it between your belt and pants on the outside. It just doesn't look comfortable.

Bare Asset

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure it gains anything just trying something differant.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
I can totally see that being more comfortable than using it IWB, because now you don't have to wear looser pants and the belt does all the work.

As long as concealment isn't an issue, I say go for it.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
If your pants "shrunk" that might be a good option,instead of buying new pants

·
Registered
236 Posts
Back in 1986 or 87 I was in Arizona a week or so on business. AZ did not have concealed carry then. I had anew Horseshoe Leather IWB holster.

I carried under the belt openly to comply with the law, even though it would probably be legal IWB with no cover garment. IIRC, AZ law said that IF the holster is visible the gun isn't concealed.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I can see where the belt would pull the gun tighter to your side than a typical OWB.. If it works for you great...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
If it works and doesn't create any draw issues, go for it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Several makersmake a dedicated between the belt and pants holster. I had one years ago for a sig 229 made by matt delfatti. The idea is that it conceals as well as a IWB but is not as uncomfortable to some. It worked well and was very secure. The only problem is that depending on were the pant loops are they may get in the way of the holster causing you to carry it in a little bit different place on the belt than you normally would.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My Bare Asset holster just came in yesterday, have not tried it out yet, but this looks "interesting...

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I really don't see the point, its a IWB holster. If your going to wear it OWB, why not buy a OWB holster?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
if it works for you and its comfortable i wouldnt worry about what anybody else who hasnt tried it thinks...use it...good idea by the way...thinking outside the box...or the pants as it were...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts