Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
33,967 Posts
It's almost like coming out of retirement and going back to work. I don't like work...

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
My thoughts:
  • I spent a lot of my career helping IT system users adopt new computer systems. The best practices for helping people do that were not followed in this transition.
  • I don't like the new format. It has a very "sterile" generic look to it. No personality. No ambiance That might seem superfluous, but it isn't.
  • It has gotten better now that I'm used to it, but I don't think I will ever like it as much.
  • Dark mode does help.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I haven't been here in a few weeks and the first thing I thought was "Oh no, not another one". Several other forums have switched to this same format in the last couple months. This is not as bad as some, most notably the ruger.net forum. It's all black and white, no color to it. Everything is all run together. The blue font here helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Still "looks" the same to me. I access the forum on my phone through Tapatalk, so for me it only changes if Tapatalk does.
Only thing I've noticed is more posted photos can't be seen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Contact Tapatalk about that issue. They fixed it for me, and now I can see all of the images. I don't know what they did, but it worked.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I am spending less, I'm finding it more difficult to find the things i want and replies don't always seem readily apparent to me.
The visual was not an issue, just changed the mode.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Been trying to get the forum on Tapatalk and all I get are error messages.
On the first screen you get to when you open Tapatalk, go to the figure of a person, then choose Contact Us. Send them an email. I got a response back either later the same day or the next morning. It took three or four e-mails back and forth with a guy named Chris, but he got it fixed.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It took a few days to get used to it, but it's a lot easier to do many things, and dark mod is pretty easy on the eyes.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm not hearing anyone cheering the improved responsiveness. I guess I'm more of a function over form kind of guy, I really appreciate the improved performance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't care for the new format at all. I'm spending less time here as a result of it being a lot more difficult to read and follow threads.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm not hearing anyone cheering the improved responsiveness. I guess I'm more of a function over form kind of guy, I really appreciate the improved performance.
If I had anything else to do, I'd be here less often as a form of protest.:) Also,didn't intend to quote CavemanBob, but I can't figure out how to reply without quoting something.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It’s okay.
The “Show Full Signature” is an absolute waste. Showing it over the top of the signature takes up more space than many signatures.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
It’s okay.
The “Show Full Signature” is an absolute waste. Showing it over the top of the signature takes up more space than many signatures.
You can hide all the signatures in your settings. I did that and it's much better...way less cluttered. In fact, my page now looks very much like it did in the old forum.

No ads, no signatures and dark is easier on my eyes.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts