Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
33,967 Posts
You can hide all the signatures in your settings. I did that and it's much better...way less cluttered. In fact, my page now looks very much like it did in the old forum.

No ads, no signatures and dark is easier on my eyes.
You can also opt to see full signatures, as I chose. Sometimes signatures can be funny or tell you something about the poster.

Reactions: Pete63 and Dial1911

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
You can also opt to see full signatures, as I chose. Sometimes signatures can be funny or tell you something about the poster.
True but they provide so much visual clutter that I haven't missed them at all. They were much easier on the old forum, this one...not so much.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
The "forum format changes" are actually "my evil plan to drive off ALL THOSE I wished to banish to the nether lands"! :devilish: I had about a week's head start, due to the owner's having changed another forum I visit. As several have mentioned, to me, the "dark mode" is better. Also, getting rid of the "box on right side" (premium perk!). Leave: I DON'T THINK SO! Lot's of good members/info here! About 3 years ago, I "re-entered" a "management position" in my motorcycle club. Had to learn how to "do a LOT of computer work" (a generic phrase!), I'd had "other's do" before! Yes, I'm "older than some here", but look to my father for "inspiration", in that he spent 40 hour's a week, working on a computer, till he was 87! He taught me from a very early age that "technology is ALWAYS changing/but where it's AT! Firm's he worked for were using "early computers" in the 50's! (that's 1950's for YOU youngster's!) I had my OWN awakening in the two fields I chose to pursue (Machinist & Auto Tech).

CHANGE: 'IT'S ALWAYS THERE! JUST LIKE THE GOOD PREPPER'S HERE, BE PREPARED TO ROLL WITH IT!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Or is it just me who finds it irritatingly painful to figure out? Guess I've never been one for change so I may be in the minority here but I much prefer the old forum.
yes. I did switch to dark mode in the options, that makes it a bit easier on the eyes.

·
Registered
33,967 Posts
That's because you've NOT UPGRADED to a TRS-80 like I have!
Because my wife said she'd get me an Atari for Christmas.

Reactions: Tstone and Pete63

·
Registered
Various
15,545 Posts
There are only two types of computers, experimental and obsolete.

I find the new format much easier to use and I like the dark mode.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Has nothing to do with my less time here. I have stuff to do in RL, I like to be outside and play with the dogs. Laundry and ironing needs to be done, my life is busy outside of a computer.

If I’m here a lot it only means that particular day I’m in more pain that usual and am not able to get the other stuff done.

Y’all are nice and I enjoy the company but my husband and home life will always come first.

As far as the change, I hate change of any kind. I do like the black screen the best.

Folks here are nice, the mods are nice, no nasty talking, lots of gun talking, lots of food and family talk ~ what’s not to like!!!

***BONUS! Make the fonts bigger and the advertising goes away! 😃

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I don't care for the new format at all. I'm spending less time here as a result of it being a lot more difficult to read and follow threads.
This says it best. Heck. Just took me forever to find the quote I selected for you. Makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Hay, hay.....remember the twelve steps now!

Ya got to ACCEPT the things you CANNOT CHANGE and drink whatever they offer if it’s free 👍🏻

Reactions: Pete63
41 - 60 of 101 Posts