Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Sacramento County and like many others have been trying to initiate the CCW process. After filling out the required application by hand and waiting months to try and make an appointment they put a new system online last month. It is a contracted, automatead online system run by a company called "Permitium". I must have been one of the first few applicants to use the system when it came online as I was able to secure an appointment within 48 hrs. Or so I thought. I show up for my scheduled, confirmed appointment only to be told the investigations dept was closed on the day that I showed up. Nobody at the Sheriff's dept could tell me anything. After a few e-mails to the Sheriff's dept I got a breif reply stating the system made a scheduling error and someone from Permitium would contact me by phone within 48 hrs. The call never came. My calls to them were not returned. Finally a few days later someone from Permitium replied to one of my e-mails simply stating "you can make another appointment online". I was able to secure another appointment but not without a six week wait. Wondering if anyone else has has a similar experience with like this ?

·
Super Moderator
24,658 Posts
This sounds like you are unfortunately cast in the role of a Beta Tester. I'd just keep working through the process, and document all of the trials and tribulations. A call to the SO may facilitate the matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts