Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently got a G43 for my wife and I am looking for an aftermarket barrel for her for range use. I reload and need to get her some type of aftermarket barrel that will not produce the "Glock Bulge."

The other aftermarket barrels I have are from KKM Precision and they are great. The only aftermarket barrel I have been able to find is from Blacklist Industries, but I can find no reviews on their products. Does anybody here own one of their barrels for a Glock, and if so, how do you like it?

http://www.blacklistind.com/collections/barrels/products/glock-43-ultra-match-barrel

·
Registered
20,078 Posts
The Glock bulge is much hyped.
There are only 2 reasons for an aftermarket barrel. To shoot lead, or create length for more velocity.

Unless you are shooting a Glock made some 20 years ago, chambered for a high pressure cartridge, you are just wasting money.

Reactions: Bigsteve113

·
Registered
10,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had definite bulges in my G26, G30SF, and G17 casings. As a reloader this concerns me.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
My money's on KKM having a G43 aftermarket barrel available in short order. And I like/trust KKM barrels soooo much that...I'll WAIT! :yup:

·
Registered
10,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My money's on KKM having a G43 aftermarket barrel available in short order. And I like/trust KKM barrels soooo much that...I'll WAIT! :yup:
I would hope so. I really like their products, but when I emailed them to ask them whether they were going to have one I got zero response. I understand that they might not want to reveal their plans, but no response at all is pretty rude in my book, especially when I am a prior customer X3.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Well the original "K" (Kevin McIntyre) was regrettably killed in a motorcycle wreck last year (HECK of a guy!). So don't feel slighted or offended, Brother Raven. It's a small family business, they may still be reeling from their loss & reassembling the management structure. :yup:

·
Registered
20,078 Posts
I have had definite bulges in my G26, G30SF, and G17 casings. As a reloader this concerns me.
I've handloaded cases fired from my Glocks for many years and never had an issue with bulges; and those were higher pressure cartridges like the 40 and 10mm.

Here is a pic of my brass from yesterday, and this is from a 180 weight bullet driven at 1100 fps from an all factory g22.
IMG_2614.jpg

Are you sure what you are seeing is something to be concerned about?

Why don't you post some pics of these bulged cases? I'd like to see what's going on.

Reactions: Ianthin

·
Registered
10,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've handloaded cases fired from my Glocks for many years and never had an issue with bulges; and those were higher pressure cartridges like the 40 and 10mm.

Here is a pic of my brass from yesterday, and this is from a 180 weight bullet driven at 1100 fps from an all factory g22.
View attachment 161210
Are you sure what you are seeing is something to be concerned about?
Why don't you post some pics of these bulged cases? I'd like to see what's going on.
My Glocks are Gen 3 (G26, G17, and G30SF) and Gen 4 G19. I've looked at photos of other people who have posted cases with bulges and that is definitely what they are. They are definitely misshapen. My understanding is that it is due to the "unsuported" nature of the Glock barrel/chamber; the down side of the fact that Glocks eat almost any ammunition you throw at them.

Since using the KKM aftermarket barrels, the problem has disappeared (I only use them for practice sessions). I appreciate your suggestion but given the appearance of the cases after firing, I am not willing to take a risk with a problem with my reloads. I am a new reloader (about two years experience now) and I may be overly cautious about this, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
20,078 Posts
My Glocks are Gen 3 (G26, G17, and G30SF) and Gen 4 G19. I've looked at photos of other people who have posted cases with bulges and that is definitely what they are. They are definitely misshapen. My understanding is that it is due to the "unsuported" nature of the Glock barrel/chamber; the down side of the fact that Glocks eat almost any ammunition you throw at them.

Since using the KKM aftermarket barrels, the problem has disappeared (I only use them for practice sessions). I appreciate your suggestion but given the appearance of the cases after firing, I am not willing to take a risk with a problem with my reloads. I am a new reloader (about two years experience now) and I may be overly cautious about this, but I would rather be safe than sorry.
10-4.
All of my Glocks are older Gen 3's.
You will find that there is no actual fully supported chamber in any gun.

Just trying to save you some money, but sounds like you have got it:)

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
10,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10-4.
All of my Glocks are older Gen 3's.
You will find that there is no actual fully supported chamber in any gun.
Just trying to save you some money, but sounds like you have got it:)
Always appreciate your input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts