Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law is looking to get his first gun.
I talked him into a shotgun for home defense
No one has any Mossbergs but I found a Citadel for him but have no idea of the quality at 439.00 legacy citadel warthog tactical.
He likes the pistol grips type

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
The only thing I can tell is that Citadel is a subsidiary of Armscor in the Philippines. Legacy is only an importer. Looks like this one is just now being imported. Might be best to wait a little bit instead of taking a hit. Just me though.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,461 Posts
Rock Island Armory is another subsidiary of Armscor.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
If they are anything like the Armscor/Rock island stuff they would be well made. I own a M5 matte nickel finish pump shotgun and two 1911's from them. Very heavy duty. Very good values. Oddly the Philippines does not allow civilians to own firearms. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I can't speak for their shotguns, but I have a Citadel 1911. It's a good firearm, and it's been my EDC since '16.

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Sounds like it may be worthwhile. I will echo @cphilip though about pistol grip shotguns. Just a caution though, they don't work for everyone.

And I've put this up before. There are a lot of very high quality guns made outside the US. I had police officers who were dyed-in-the-wool Remington 870 fans drop their jaws over this thing.

Made in China (I know, I know) back in the 1980's. IAC Hawk 982. A great home defense gun.

Reactions: JeffreyR

·
Registered
478 Posts
Found one locally.
Anyone have any idea if the Citadel Warthog is a clone of something? (Besides the RIA Lion X4}
What parts would interchange? Stocks, mag tube extension?
I like my RIA M5 but there are no aftermarket accessories and it looks the same for the Warthog?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I have a Citadel 1911. It’s been a great gun. As far as I can tell, the fit and finish is slightly better than my RIA.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Most of these shotguns are Remington 870 clones. All are made in Turkey in and are distributed under different names:

Emperor Arms
Citadel (the Citadel Warthog is a semi-auto)
TriStar
Disckingson

The Stevens/Savage 320 Security models are made in the Peoples Republic of China and imported by Savage.

I have a couple of the Turkish shotguns and sadly they are much higher quality than the Mossberg Maverick 88 that eeryone recommends that is made in Texas.
The Stevens 320's are a Winchester clone and are heavy, very well made shotguns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts