Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the range to day and fired a hundred rounds of s&b "range safe" ammo. there were 2 empty shell stove pipes, one casemouth up, and one casemouth down.

weird thing is, i have fired almost a thousand rounds of this stuff so far, and today is the first issue i've ever had with it.

this is the ammo is question:

it's steel cased, covered with a copper plate (the shells are steel, not the bullets).

anyone else have issues with this stuff? all other s&b works flawlessly for me (been using it for almost 20 years).

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I don't mess with steel cased ammo. Can't reload it. If i had to deal with a case problem I would prefer to dig a brass case out of a steel chamber than dig a steel case out of a steel chamber. Brass case is less likely to damage a steel chamber. I don't have a good understanding of how the steel case reacts when fired. I understand how brass reacts when fired.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found a lot of complaints online about this ammo. same ejection probs i was having. looks like this is s&b's "black sheep" line....

·
Registered
155 Posts
One of the ranges I frequent prohibits S&B, Wolf and Tiger ammo. All too un-reliable!

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the ranges I frequent prohibits S&B, Wolf and Tiger ammo. All too un-reliable!

i can understand prohibiting wolf/bear ammo as the bullets are steel, my local range does this too. however, i've never had an issue with brass s&b in 20 years of shooting, nor have i heard of any range banning it.

i think s&b does make some steel bullet ammo, that might be what your local range is referring too as being not allowed...

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I've got to check, we jost got several cases of it in. Lately we've been averaging about 6000 rounds of 9mm sold per day and we buy what we can find. If it's unreliable it will soon be obvious.

·
Banned
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got to check, we jost got several cases of it in. Lately we've been averaging about 6000 rounds of 9mm sold per day and we buy what we can find. If it's unreliable it will soon be obvious.
if it's this particular s&b, keep us posted plz:

i know the regular brass s&b is great stuff, been using it for almost 2 decades.

thank you :hand10:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts