Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
they've got the same caliber sizes as Kel-Tec. Just wondering how they sized up to the Kel? Anyone shot one, own one, have any thoughts on them?

Welcome to the L.W. Seecamp Company Home Page

Sorry, I misspelled the name in the title...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yikes, well I answered my own thread here!

from another forum posting that I found when I googled the Seecamp

<quote>
I also have a P32 am am happy with it.

The SEECAMP is attractive, as it is an all stainless steel pistol. But I've read it can be tempermental. Ammo selection is critical as it is designed for Winchester Silvertips only; since its introduction other ammo has become available that should work but the overall length of the cartridge must be considered carefully as many will be too long to fit in the mag. Even using correct ammo, the gun has a reputation for stove piping the last round.

Then there is price & availability; high & limited. I've seen these little guns advertised for well north of the $500 mark.

I bought my KelTec for $175 used, & it has been flawless. It carries an extra round over the Seecamp, is half the weigh, & reportedly has trigger pull that is over 3lbs lighter.

Easy choice as far as I'm concerned!
<end quote>

·
Registered
785 Posts
My wife has a Keltec P-32 she carries and loves. It's been flawless with over 1,000 rounds through it. It got a little rust on the slide and drigger, so the local smithy gave it a Cerakote job. Looks better than it did from the factory.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only problem I have with the Keltec and I guess I'll have this problem with any small pocket guns is that my hand is fairly large and it's very odd to pull my thumb off the frame. If I don't, I either hinder the trigger pull or if I push it too far up I wind up hiting the clip release.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Look at a NAA Guardian, VERY similar design and just as reliable, but not dependent on one kind of ammo. They also are usually much cheaper.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Do a search here as well, you'll find plenty of info.

FWIW, I'm an enormous fan. I own both a .32 and a .380. Both are extremely well made, little gems. Like all handguns, they each have their own preference for ammo, but each is 100% reliable and, IMHO, the finest micro sized handguns on the market in their respective calibers.

·
Registered
651 Posts
They were the pioneers in making .32 caliber guns the same size as .25 caliber guns. Pioneering further, they were able to make the .32 caliber sized guns into .380 caliber. True innovators.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Many view the Seecamp as the finest pocket gun made today. Truely a laudable feat of turning first the .25acp pistol into a .32acp, but not stopping there and going on to make the pistol capable of using the .380acp...without making the gun any larger, and most remarkable of all... keeping the same magazine capacity. How did Larry Seecamp do it? It is the smallest .380 made.

There is much mis-information on the internet concerning the Seecamp, primarily that it only shoots the Winchester rounds. This is not true. CorBon, Gold Dot, Fiocchi, Winchester, Hornady and maybe a few others work just fine. They are hard to find because people keep them and virtually all made are sold immidiately. There's currently a two year waiting list on the LWS380. The used market is very hot.

The last round can stovepipe, this is true, but the gun was never intended to be a tactical, break this door down and shoot-it-out reloadable duty weapon. It may stovepipe because the following round in the magazine is used to push the expended case out. No last round...no extra push. Those of us that carry a Seecamp do so knowing this. I don't carry a extra mag.

The magazines by the way are some of the best made. I wish all my mags were this good.

So tiny it goes anywhere, all stainless, reliable, smooth and silky snag free as a baby's butt, it is a great choice for a pocket gun. Mine has served for more than two decades.

Seen here with a PPk/S for scale;

I freely admit...I am a Seecamp Cultist.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Beyond the quality and size, I like the company's attitude.

They are very clear that there are compromises in order to be the smallest. Don't ask it to do what it wasn't made for.

The owner's manual is thinner that the "Danger, you'll put your eye out" section of the last two guns owner's manuals I bought.

The company owner puts his cell phone out for all his customers to use.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
one of my local area gun shops has a "like new" (possibly never fired) Seecamp 32 in the safe with a measly little $400 price tag. I'm seriously considering the "investment".

·
Registered
657 Posts
Found this photo on the seecamp site.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Seecamp .32

First post!

I've had a Seecamp .32 for quite a few years now. I've had no problem using FMJ and various JHP rounds. Not a single jam. I have had a few stove pipes on the last round during the break in period, but have not had them since.

Seecamp originally recommended Winchester Silvertips, but changed their recommendation to Federal Hydrashok after Winchester changed their specs a little and people found them to be less than reliable. Winchester is back on the recommended list now.
L.W. Seecamp Co. - Home of the Seecamp 32 and Seecamp 380 Pistols

It's hands down my favorite pocket pistol. I have a Kel-Tec P32 and recently bought a Kahr P380. The Seecamp has been rock solid and has the best build quality out of the pocket pistols I've shot. I was always looking for a LS380, but have never seen one, which is why I ended up with the Kahr P380. Once they produce a Crimson Trace Laser for the P380, that will probably be my main pocket carry. My wife will most likely carry the Seecamp.

Some pictures for size comparison. One is a lineup with Kahr MK9, Kahr P380, Kel-Tec P32 and Seecamp 32. Next is a size comparison of the Seecamp32 vs. Kel-Tec P32. Last is a picture in a Stellar Rigs pocket holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Seecamp = Rolex
Guardian = Seiko
Kel-Tec = Timex

Although they all tell time some provide more in the areas of pride of ownership and aesthetics.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have a Seecamp .32 and am so impressed with it thus far that I'm giving serious thought to selling my other pocket pistola, the Ruger LCP and using the Seecamp for EDC.

·
Registered
77 Posts
A great gun! I owned one and used it as my BUG. I ended up selling it to pay off some medical bills and vowed when I could I would buy another one. Well that day has come and I'm in the process of looking for one now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've got a friend that special ordered a .380 from Seacamp and they used his last name as the serial number.
:haha:

You asked for it! Here is mine. Sharkskin courtesy of Matt Del Fatti.
One of the great benefits of owning a Seecamp pistol is that Matt frequently turns out a batch of exotic holsters and puts them on his in stock page, in fact I believe there are still a couple available from his last batch. A genuine MDF holster with ZERO wait!!!
Del Fatti Leather - In Stock Items

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, I certainly heard of the Seecamp pistols, as mentioned earlier in they thread, they were the innovators of miniature carry pistols.
I never ended up purchasing a Kel Tec or a NAA because I was fortunate enough to purchase a Seecamp 32 way before the others pistols were dreamed of. So after others bought the NAA pistols and had issues with them, I felt there was no need to pursue any pocket pistol other than a Seecamp.

I really don't like hear or reading the ammunition problems with a Seecamp, all firearms are subject to the ill effects of ammunition presently. Yes it is no secret the Seecamp was designed around one cartridge, the Winchester Silvertip, the only hollow point cartridge available at the time of the Seecamp conception, and a decision was made to build the pistol around that one cartridge.

Times have changed and so too has the ammunition companies, so the Seecamp company has tested and continues to test other ammunition that can be used in their pistols. Always the innovators the tell their customers what ammunition to use, just purchasing the pistol from them does not end there. You will be family from that point on. Take that one year warranty card and throw it away, you basically have a lifetime relationship with the company. Try that elsewhere, try to get the owner of another gun manufacturing facility to personally answer your calls and questions.E-mail Larry Seecamp with a question, he'll write back, he will help with any problems, sometimes if it isn't even gun related.

I just don't like hearing all the rumors from people that do not presently own a Seecamp, and some may never due to the cost when there are less expensive pocket pistols out there, but that is what you get, there are some lighter in weight, but they don't have a smaller foot print than the Seecamp or truly the quality and materials.

I did like seeing so many other posts on this thread that believe in the Seecamp as I do, well done, well written.

Seecamp, the first to be the smallest and still the smallest .380 and 32 on the market with all stainless Steel construction.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts