Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that for every bic lighter sold 25% of the price is donated to gun control. Does anyone have any info to say wether or not this is true? :confused:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was one of those heard it from a friend that heard it from a friend that had a friend that read it somewhere things. Just wondering if theres any truth behind it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That google thing got me thinking so I went to the bic website. They had a contact thingie so I sent them an email about the question. I'll post what they wrote me as soon as I hear back from them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I can't find anything on google, dogpile, yahoo, or msn :icon_neutral: %25 sounds a bit extreme though.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
If you have ever owned a retail business you know this can't possibly be right. 25% of which price. The price the manufacturer charges distributors, or the price the distributors charge the wholesalers, or the price the wholesaler charges the retailer, or the price the retailer charges the consumer. Since the price the maufacture charges distributors varies based on volume and other things it is difficult to determine 25%. With the others varying due to everything from sale prices, to volume, to time of year, etc. it is impossible for Bic to determine 25%.

This is a new urban legend/web hoax.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Probably just an ugly rumor started by these folks:

:rofl:

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Fact or fiction it is just one more good reason not to smoke.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Old Chief said:
Fact or fiction it is just one more good reason not to smoke.
True that, but lighters are good for many things from campfires to barbecues. I have a zippo anyway just because of the durability. That and I like to support a company that is here in PA.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey everyone, I got an email back from bic on this subject. This is what they wrote:

We have received your e-mail.

Despite what you might have heard, BIC has not been an active party in the backing of any type of gun control legislation.

We hope we have been of some help to you in this matter.

BIC Consumer Affairs

Sounds cool to me. I guess I kinda answered my own question on this one.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Good answer. Thanks for letting us know. Glad they answered so quickly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts