Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone here uses these mags in thair 1911's? I'am looking for a reliable mag that fits flush in my government model's grip. I've heard the chip mccormick mags a good magazines do they? Can someone here post pics of these mag's followers it possible? overall what would you say the quality is on these mags? I've read alot about 8rd. 1911 mags being finiky but I would be downloading these as I only carry 7+1 now anyways,plus I feel this would help in the reliabilty department to. Thanks for any info guys.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Haven't had any experience with McCormick, but do like Wilson's.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I have the shooting star CM. They tend to jam up w/ HP's in my 4" champion. But , in their defense, the package does say intended for FMJ only. I am considering trying Wilson next to get 8round mags.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
WILSON for me for CC and for competition. The 47series. Use them for my little Kimber 3"ers also. No-none-nadda-zilch,FTF's with Wilson's or Wilson "guts". Have priced the Mc's and IIRC they are only a few dollers cheaper. SO.......????? ------

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I had three of four CMC 10mm mags sold to me by Dan Wesson (when I purchased one of their 1911's) wind up being defective, I had malfs and the slide wouldn't lock back. Dan Wesson replaced them, but one of the replacements doesn't allow the slide to lock back either.

In fairness, I had the same thing happen with a Wilson mag made for compact/Officer's ACP-sized guns.

·
Super Moderator
13,117 Posts
I've had no probs with Wilson's and some probs with McCormick's.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have 10 ten round CMCs. All work fine. The instructions do say that shock buffers might cause problems. One of them was finnicky with the buff in place, but I couldn't disengage the slide stop by pulling back on the slide, so I removed the buff and the one mag was fine.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
The magazines that always work in my 1911's are Wilson Combat mags.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for the replies maybe I'll stick to colt factory 7rd mags for something flush fitting that works. FWIW I've never had any issues my 2 wilson 47 mags or the colt mags when running JHP's,why do you guys think this is?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought six of the CMC mags (8 Rounders) that CdNN sells. I have had no problems with them at all in two different Springfields (a 4" and a 5")

I use them and the Wilsons for shooting IDPA matches and have had zero problems with either one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I use Colt stainless 8-rd mag for a flush-fit mag in the gun. I think they may actually be made by Metalform.

I use 8-rd McCormick Power Mags for my carry spare mags.
In eight 1911s I have, one won't lock open with Wilson 47s when empty. That's the only trouble I've had with them.
But for consistency with that one gun, I use the Power Mags for my carry spares.

By the way, the gun that won't lock open on the Wilsons is a Springfield. The other SA I have, and two that I used to have, have no trouble with Wilsons.
But it goes to show that you have to test with each individual gun, and not go on a blanket "these have always worked for me".

·
Banned
318 Posts
Barry in IN said:
But it goes to show that you have to test with each individual gun, and not go on a blanket "these have always worked for me".
Yep that's why I run evry "OEM" type mag through each 1911 type pistol of mine.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i have both a few cmc, and a few wilson's. both work fine in my baby kimber and my colt mark iv 5". I did buy some "colt" mags for sportsman's guide once....never again. once was definitely enough. they were so bad, I just threw them away and ordered the wilsons. some things name brands are just important....like ketchup and mac-n-cheese....oh the gun mags.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts