Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy went to buy a pistol yesterday, still can't pick up. Dealer says NICS been down...

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Super Moderator
18,144 Posts
NICS is always screwed up. Lately they have been off more than they have been on.

"Technical Difficulties" they say.

Which means that you cant get their permission to buy a gun.

It'll be interesting to see how much "technical difficulty" we experience during the election.

I'll bet all of the fools that support NICS are laughing their tails off.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
My buddy went to buy a pistol yesterday, still can't pick up. Dealer says NICS been down...
Hunting season and a crazy election makes things very busy. E-check was down but you can still call in.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Ahhhh, but if you lived in Alabama and have a valid concealed pistol permit you don't have to wait for the NICS phone call. You can just fill out the 4473 form and buy the gun. That is, if the gun store is doing their job and honoring the law. Some like to be jerks and not honor it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ahhhh, but if you lived in Alabama and have a valid concealed pistol permit you don't have to wait for the NICS phone call. You can just fill out the 4473 form and buy the gun. That is, if the gun store is doing their job and honoring the law. Some like to be jerks and not honor it.
How do they bypass the law. What is there rational for this illegal action.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yup, works that way in Arkieville too. It's my understanding that we go thru a strenuous enough background check upfront with the Feds to allow this. Also means extra $$ for the permit.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
HRC's gun control program will be to reduce the NICS staff to two part time guys.............in Ohio if you have a CHP no check is necessary.

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
How do they bypass the law. What is there rational for this illegal action.
Nothing illegal about it, here in North Carolina with a CCW we have the same NICS bypass as per an agreement by the state and ATF.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Over 24 hrs and no approval yet, I've never seen it this slow. Yesterday was apparently a new record for gun sales in the US. A big middle finger to BHO and HRC. I approve this message!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nothing illegal about it, here in North Carolina with a CCW we have the same NICS bypass as per an agreement by the state and ATF.
I Understand that, was referring to the statement that some stores do not honor that agreement.

Tally XD Ahhhh, but if you lived in Alabama and have a valid concealed pistol permit you don't have to wait for the NICS phone call. You can just fill out the 4473 form and buy the gun. That is, if the gun store is doing their job and honoring the law. Some like to be jerks and not honor it.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Same as AZ CCW counts for NCICS

And the scary part is just turn off that and poof no guns for you

Hum

·
Banned
3,890 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
I Understand that, was referring to the statement that some stores do not honor that agreement.
That is the reason I will never purchase a gun from our local Dunham’s, even though I have a CCW they told me it would have to be called in. I had already filled out the 4473 so I told him to cancel the sale and walked out.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The new law leaves it up to the selling FFL. Some stores honor it some don't want too. I don't buy guns from those that decide not too.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
It's been down during my last two purchases......one last Thursday & the other 2 weeks before that.......

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My buddy was finally able to pick his gun up this afternoon. I can see lots of lost sales for dealers when this happens.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Probably by design to slow down gun sales prior and during the election :mad:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts