Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one several years back and killed it with massive velocity handloads that it wasn't designed for but it was still a great piece. I just recently read about the latest generation and it is really supposed to be better with many technincal improvements which has me really considering a new one.

Later,
Adrian

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Adrian - I have heard CA stuff is better but sadly I am tainted from my own Pathfinder way back - which went sloppy and timing seemed screwed on DA too. Hardly a hot loads prob as it was humble 22lr! Other folks have also had guns go lose.

However, not wanting to be unfair and if current stuff is way better I'd consider it - the old Bulldog was quite popular for some while. I guess OK if shooting modest amounts used to be the case.

·
Registered
810 Posts
If I hear that Charter has really improved, I'd be interested in one. Unfortunately, in the 1980s I bought a Charter Arms 38 and it was the only new revolver I've ever had that wasn't reliable. It would randomly lock up where the trigger couldn't be pulled at all. Bought it from a great little gun shop and they took it back and sold me a S&W. Always did like the idea of the Bulldog, but like Chris said above, guess I'm tainted as well.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I have one........Blue Pug......2 1/2 inch BL in 44 Spl
Shoots well, and hides very nicely too!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CLASS3NH said:
I have one........Blue Pug......2 1/2 inch BL in 44 Spl
Shoots well, and hides very nicely too!
That is the same piece I shot to destruction! The little jem held up real well considering the fact that I was putting 240gr. LSWC bullets through it backed by a shovel full of 2400. The accuracy was good and penetration was outstanding with that load. I had the oppertunity to smote some creatures with it and do feel that it was well up to the task of personal defense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts