Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some resent issues and had to give my air lite 375 to my girl friend. I have started carrying my usp compact while running. I got an Uncle Mikes fanny pack and I don't like it at all. if i ware it in front the butt hits me right in the junk and if i put it behind its bounces way to much just looking for some advice. Would a new glock help? Thinking of getting a 26 or 33

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
try.........

a pack with a wider belt. You may also put it one your side, rather than front or back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Bianchi fanny pack positions the gun with the butt up and the barrel down. I found mine to be very confortable and accessible while bicycling.

I forget which model I bought but I could dig up the information if you are interested so you could take a look.

It also has a thick "belt" so it supports the weight of the pistol very well. Doesn't "flop" around.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
get another airweight or with belly band....
or get the GF the GLOCK and take turns carrying them...

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
buy the glock. a new gun will allways helps, just not in the question of running. i run and it was hard to find a gun that will not beat me up. i got a kel tec p3at. it does not hit as hard when it rides on your side with the belt clip. it just get wet.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
maclean3 said:
Drive the car. Sorry, I had to. :wink:
Jack
Well said Jack!:congrats: :banana:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I don't run (At my bodyweight, if I fall and land on a fault line, California could fall into the sea! Then again, maybe beach front property in Vegas would be nice...) Anyway, Master of Concealment sells the "Sahara Strider" which allows you to carry in a pack that is held close to your chest. Maybe that would fit your needs. The description is:

This comfortable chest rig has multiple utility uses. Its best advantage is that it keeps a firearm close to your body and off your belt... the weight is comfortably distributed across your shoulders. It's perfect for joggers, bikers, motorcycles, walkers, hikers, skiers, you name it. The utility pouches carry maps, money, food bars, folding knives, etc. And the universal holster comes with an adjustable securing strap.

Here's the link:
http://tinyurl.com/jl3h5

·
Registered
698 Posts
Action Direct used to show one on their website. It looked like a thin backpack to be worn in front. I just looked but I dont see it there now. It might have been discontinued. It was called a jogging rig I believe. The advertisement showed several different sportspersons wearing it, biking, jogging, and so on. You might want to contact them if this interests you:

www.action-direct.com

·
Registered
181 Posts
When I run I clip my kel-tec p32 inside the band of my running shorts. It doesn't bounce too much and I have never had a problem with it coming loose. The clip I bought was a little loose, but I heated it up and bent it, so now its nice and tight. Good Luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use to run but, the ice cubes kept falling out of my drink.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think i found a better pack. Camelback makes a "goblin" Its a fanny pack with water and a holster. I orderd one should have it next week, untill then Ill just get fat

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Interesting thread.

I don't carry gear unless I can run with it. I've had issues with various was of CCWing in the past and had to adjust to the way I carried. I still consider myself to be somewhat agile, and I would never want a gun to interfere with my ability to fight and manuever. Running with my gear was always the test.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That camel back looks like just the ticket. I have been trying to find a practical way for my wife and I to carry when we run. She often runs on her own when I am not around and (as I have just found out) had a couple incidents where people followed her home and once was turned around by the police because they were chasing someone in our neighborhood.

I think if I make it comfortable and easy she may consider carrying. As it is she take a knife and our dog but I want her to be better prepared when I am not around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts