Defensive Carry banner

Anyone see the price of ammo coming back down soon?

4K views 40 replies 35 participants last post by  CajunSW5906 
#1 ·
Guy at my LGS thinks it won't. Prices shot up from their supplier when the panic started. We were talking about it just this weekend. When the panic started, they had people in there buying guns, or coming in to pick them up after the wait period. And on the way out, most of these people bought the cheapest or FMJ ammo, and boxes at a time. He said they didn't listen to recommendations for good defensive ammo. They still have plenty of that on the shelves

If prices stay where they are, my hobby just got more expensive.

#6 ·
A local hardware store chain is running a sale on Federal 9mm, 100 rounds for $17.95. I picked up 2 boxes to replace what I burned up last weekend. The clerk said their supplier has told them to expect price increases and poor availability for the near future.
I don't need to buy ammo for multiple years if I limit myself to actual training and practice. My problem is I like to shoot for fun and can easily put 4-500 rounds down range in a day.

Reactions: airslot
#7 ·
a good crisis is always a reason to increase prices. As soon as the General Population realizes the world is not coming to an end, and panic buying rookies have a good "ammo dump", prices will drop like oil prices. Supply and demand. Gun prices have jumped 10-15 per cent since March as well, and let us all remember those that spiked prices when the terrorized Left Wing loonies finally needed them the most. Hehehehe.

#41 ·
LE trade in Glock G22's have gone up $100-$125 from what they were last year at this time.
I buy ammo from SGAMMO. But, I won't be buying from them anytime soon. They have joined the ranks to feed the PANIC BUYERS.
I just recently bought 2-50 rd. boxes of 45 ACP Winchester Ranger T-Series 230 gr. regular and Plus P, for $24.99 each. And, he has PLENTY more boxes in stock. I might have to pick up a couple more boxes here pretty soon.

#9 ·
If the price of ammo gets increased to quintuple the current cost... there will be far less murders and driveby shootings . "RIGHT ?"
How fast can the lefty commies work on that ?

Reactions: SatCong
#24 ·
They've tried that with special tax on ammo - result? NADA. And they didn't get all the extra income that helped sell the idea to the sheeple.

Reactions: MPGunther
#14 ·
The demand will go down once this is over and folks will have a lot stockpiled.
The unknown is how did it affect to supply side.
Were the factories able to keep producing an normal rates?

#30 ·
I don't know that this will be over. I believed from the beginning there is an agenda, and I still believe it.

Reactions: Walk Soft
#31 ·
In the short run, prices will probably stay where they are. Several large ammunition manufacturers have stated that they are increasing prices to bring additional manufacturing capability online. I also think that the scarcity of ammo coupled with high demand means that retailers will probably keep ammo marked up until people are not willing to pay the higher prices. The upcoming election will also be a contributing factor. If Biden wins or looks like he might win, that will keep ammo in short supply for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.