Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy at my LGS thinks it won't. Prices shot up from their supplier when the panic started. We were talking about it just this weekend. When the panic started, they had people in there buying guns, or coming in to pick them up after the wait period. And on the way out, most of these people bought the cheapest or FMJ ammo, and boxes at a time. He said they didn't listen to recommendations for good defensive ammo. They still have plenty of that on the shelves

If prices stay where they are, my hobby just got more expensive.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Prices have gone up? I guess its been a while since Ive bought anything.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
A local hardware store chain is running a sale on Federal 9mm, 100 rounds for $17.95. I picked up 2 boxes to replace what I burned up last weekend. The clerk said their supplier has told them to expect price increases and poor availability for the near future.
I don't need to buy ammo for multiple years if I limit myself to actual training and practice. My problem is I like to shoot for fun and can easily put 4-500 rounds down range in a day.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
a good crisis is always a reason to increase prices. As soon as the General Population realizes the world is not coming to an end, and panic buying rookies have a good "ammo dump", prices will drop like oil prices. Supply and demand. Gun prices have jumped 10-15 per cent since March as well, and let us all remember those that spiked prices when the terrorized Left Wing loonies finally needed them the most. Hehehehe.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If the price of ammo gets increased to quintuple the current cost... there will be far less murders and driveby shootings . "RIGHT ?"
How fast can the lefty commies work on that ?

Reactions: SatCong

·
Registered
4,410 Posts

How about some cheaper ammo soon?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Prices on ammo may come down after the threat of the zombie apocalypse is no longer a concern.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
The demand will go down once this is over and folks will have a lot stockpiled.
The unknown is how did it affect to supply side.
Were the factories able to keep producing an normal rates?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nope, I don't see centerfire bouncing back too quickly. Gotta roll with punches... and practice more with .22 :uzi:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Once the pandemic is over and people who have been panic buying will see how much they have and don't buy any for a while and the supply goes back up they will lower prices.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts