Defensive Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stumbled upon some online that seems extrememly hot. Honestly almost too hot. 1608 fps and 907 ft lbs. The supposely numbers are hotter than Buffal bore heavy but at half the price. Box of 50 $20.99. I'm almost a little leary of putting it in my gp100.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Wow that is a hottish load. I don't have any experience with this load though. A GP100 is brute strong, but it does make you wonder if you get a hot load above the factory specs. Wonder if they are quoting the specs from a 6" or so barrel?

·
Super Moderator
20,211 Posts
If there's a gun that can handle a hot .357 load, it's the GP100.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know. Its cheap but almost a little scary. I was thinking of trying my .357 for whitetail next season and wanted to try a hard hitting load but this I dont know. Been looking at the BB heavy. I was wanting to try something that was close to what the old loads use to be and not the waterdown ones. I reload but from my understanding of the hunter handbook here in Illinois it has to be a factory loading. I have some Hornady leverlotuon but they are only show 504 and thats from an 8 inch test barrel, so they are honestly pretty watered down.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
If there's a gun that can handle a hot .357 load, it's the GP100.
Yep....that would be the only one on the planet I can think of that you would carry for CC work.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
From their website they use a 10" test barrel I have shot and use their 158 SWC which is not as hot, but is a good load. Listed on their website as 1450 fps.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I had to leave for a few hours so it doesnt matter now as its sold out. I didnt need it just for the price it sounded good.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Humm after looking around I noticed there are some brands I never considered that has some pretty hot loads. PMC 158 jsp shows 1471 fps and 759 ft lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts