Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 11-87 SPS, 21" 12-gauge. Slugs work just fine in it, but I need to find some #7-1/2 or smaller birdshot that will cycle reliably so I can use this gun in some local 3-gun matches. The barrel itself is stamped "Not for use with light loads."

Last match, I used some Winchester AA Light Target Loads, #8 1-1/8oz loads and ended up with a single shot shotgun; spent hulls would not eject reliably. Somebody else offered me some heavy game loads, which I think were #7-1/2, 1-1/8oz loads, and they didn't do any better.

Please help! I really want to be able to use this gun in matches. :icon_neutral:

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Light loads with a 30" barrel work fine - maybe you just need to get a different barrel, might be cheaper in the long run being able to shoot WalMart stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Check your gas seal O-ring for cracks or dry rot

." ended up with a single shot shotgun; spent hulls would not eject reliably. Please help! I really want to be able to use this gun in matches. :icon_neutral:[/QUOTE said:
thay are know for going bad i replace mine every 250 shots thay are cheep

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[O-rings] are known for going bad i replace mine every 250 shots thay are cheep
I don't think I even have fifty rounds through this puppy yet, but I will double check the O-ring.

If I can find a place to test fire it, I got some Remington Express Long Range, which as 1-1/4oz, 1350fps, #7-1/2, and I'll see if that is reliable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts