Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photo Source: M&P News

I carry the M&P 9 compact daily and wanted to improve the trigger on my M&P. I installed the new Apex poly kit and spent some time dry firing it side-by-side with a factory trigger. I have to say the Poly trigger really feels good on my finger as it seems easier to get good trigger placement. Creep and reset have been minimized as well and the overall feel make a huge difference in the pull. Next week I will be doing a range report. Now for the photos!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was warned about the trigger feel on my M&P before I bought it, but decided to take the plunge anyway. I've gotten used to the scratch feel but I wouldn't mind seeing if there's a way to change the pull. Not sure how I'd describe it, but it's like all the resistance happens in one place. You start pulling and it's nothing, nothing, nothing, then at a certain point it loads up and breaks. I find it causes me to anticipate the shot. My Kahr is pretty steady all the way to the break point. I'd love to get the M&P working that way. The Shield I tried out last weekend had the same feel as my full sized.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Please give an update!! I'm contemplating getting the duty/carry kit along with the AEK trigger.. Is it to light for an edc gun?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Looking forward to the range report. Im thinking of the same trigger for mine. Although Im more used to mine now. I may not change a thing since this is my hd and carry gun.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
The OP says he carries a 9 COMPACT and the photos are of a full size gun........Hmmmm.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts