Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What holster do you use for appendix carry. I am currently carrying a commander size 1911 in a MS VM II. I am looking to experiment with the appy carry method. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I don't know if it'll work with your 1911, but my G27 goes in a C-Tac.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Check out desantis, they offer the tuck this II holster that is adjustable from fbi cant to a cross draw. I use it appendix for a j frame.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
You may want to check out the holsters for sale at Onesourcetactical. They're big on appendix carry over there.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
39 Posts
tucker silent thunder iwb for colt compact. also on order c rusty sherrick crossdraw/appendix owb for same weapon (delivery sometime in next 1-2 months).:wave:

·
Registered
441 Posts
What is this mysterious Appendix Carry?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use a Comp-Tac MTAC or a Crossbreed Supertuck for appendix carry of my G27. Very comfortable (although I did trim a little off the bottom of both holsters).

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Welcome to the forum, dsa.

Like Boricua, I recommend CompTac. CompTac makes this holster specifically for appendix carry. It takes a while to break in the extra leather at the muzzle. Adjust to your comfort with trimming. The C-Tac doesn't have extra leather to trim. Either way, the clips on wings are cool and you get the best design of combo kydex and leather.

As 10thmtn says, Onesourcetactical / Gabriel Suarez sells several appendix carry holsters. As this example shows, they have clips on the holster. I think wings are better at dispersing weight and making for a smoother profile and a slimmer contour.

Appendix carry under an untucked short-tail shirt and a vest is my most concealable outfit. You don't want a thick gun belt with appendix carry because the overlap at the buckle adds at least another inch to the protrusion from the body. It's accessible standing or sitting.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I had a Suarez instructor wearing one of their appendix carry holsters under an untucked T-shirt. It was a sub-compact 9mm, but was invisible. I don't want to be unfair to them because they have a lot of practical knowledge and seem to be upgrading from their original EHUD. So don't sell short onesourcetactical.

I don't want to join another forum to search for T. Green's comments on appendix carry. Please share here what you learn. And share what holster you decide to use and how you like it.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I use a "Thunderwear" device, which is commonly compared to the “SmartCarry”. In fact, they both share the same patent number so go figure. Anyway, it works perfect to make my snub' disappear when I want to tuck in my shirt and cruise the mall without any signs of printing. Granted, it’s not a fast draw although I’ve said it before; ‘for every plus, there’s an equal minus’. This is definitely a keeper’ in my ‘products that work’ holster device wardrobe.​

Regards,
Daniel Or...

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
After an A-IWB trial period with several holsters; I now use a SmartCarry. My snub with a Barami Hip Grip works great in it and is more comfortable than any IWB holster I've owned.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Welcome and glad you're here!
Afraid I won't be trying appendix carry for a good long while.
It'll take me a good long while to lose enough gut to make it work!
(I'm working on it ...)

·
Registered
51 Posts
What holster do you use for appendix carry. I am currently carrying a commander size 1911 in a MS VM II. I am looking to experiment with the appy carry method. Thanks.
Try Raven holsters, I have used an ACR for about a year now for both a Glock 19 and FS MnP9.

The Malabar Front

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Try Raven holsters, I have used an ACR for about a year now for both a Glock 19 and FS MnP9.

The Malabar Front

I like that holster and have heard some good reviews. It will probably be the next AIWB holster I buy. In the mean time, I carry AIWB with my Springfield 1911 in a Dale Fricke Joab.

I also carry a Kahr P9 in a Neutral Cant MTAC from Comp-Tac

And I just started trying out a Dale Fricke Archangel from OneSourceTactical.com with a G19.

I switched to AIWB from 3:30-4:00 about 8 to 9 months ago. I was transitioning to carry that way while losing 25 pounds. AIWB is not very comfortable with a gut. Since losing the weight, carrying appendix is more comfortable than behind the hip and quicker to draw IMO. I like it, and can't see going back. YMMV.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm a big fan of AIWB carry. I love it on these cold days when I can wear a sweater at work to cover it. I only wish I could find a way to wear it tucked and totally hidden so I could wear it year round, but that position shows too much bulge without a draping cover garment. Here's the holster I made for my S&W 908 that I appendix carry.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts