Defensive Carry banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rifle: PTR 91 GI. The ammunition: surplus Germany. Iron sights (no scope).

I stacked up several rubber mats so that I could sit and prop my elbow on my leg (and shot over the rail separating the range from the shooting tables.

Here are the AQT “D” target’s dimensions:

45 out of 50 points for 10 shots at 25 yds (supposed to simulate full-size target at 100 yds).

34 out of 50 for 10 shots at 50 yds (supposed to simulate full-size target at 200 yds).

29 out of 50 for 8 out of 10 shots at 75 yds (supposed to simulate full-size target at 300 yds). The other two shots were off of the paper.

Only 9 out of 50 for 7 out of 10 shots at 100 yds (supposed to simulate full-size target at 400 yds). The other three shots were off of the paper.

Next I put a Red Dawn target (the bunker) at 100 yds and fired two sets of five shots each at it off of the table using a gun rest.

And I ended the range trip with the “full-size” Red Dawn target at 50 yds. I was standing, holding the rifle pointed down-range at a 45 degree angle. Then, I’d look out onto the range, see the enemy soldier with his rifle aimed at me, and raise my rifle and fire one shot as quickly as possible. 10 shots total (and I knew I’d pulled that one shot as I made it).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts