Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Why do new members seem to wanna' start...a fight?!? :biggrin2:

Welcome to the forum. I like Daniel Defense because they spend the most money on advertising. :yup: No wait, that would be Stag Arms. Yeah, Stag Arms for sure. No wait, maybe DPMS 'cause Jerry Miculek shoots one? Okay, that's it, DPMS. And who's that old one with the horse? Oh yeah, Colt. They've been at it a while, maybe I should look at them? Or maybe go cheap? Does Taurus make a AR? They're guaranteed for e-v-e-r.

ARs are currently sooo "universal" that the manufacturers make up specs trying to separate themselves from the herd, "Chrome-moly-stainless-aircraft-boron-coated-mil spec bolt carriers at NO EXTRA COST". Pros (Life & Death door kickers) carry the BEST they can buy or have built. Citizens buy the BEST their wallet can carry. "Favorite" becomes a subjective decision based on dozens upon dozens of factors & intended uses. Me? I've got four AR variants all with different brands of various components. Off-the-shelf at this VERY moment? I still very much NEED a SIG 516.

Reactions: bklynboy

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Huldra, (Adams Arms)
Simple Gas piston system that is flawless. I own others some that cost more a few that cost less .The fit and quality is top of the line.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
that Huldra arms looks real nice they have some rifles in stock too i think
This morning they had two on the rack How many in back I did not ask.
One mid level one of the higher end models. Price were with in 100 dollars of last years Normal.
Almost picked one up, but I have to many AR's now

·
Super Moderator
18,888 Posts
The Colt SP-1 is my favorite. My rifle dates from the early 1970s. I like the 20-inch barrel, the simple, rugged, and effective sights, the uncluttered simplicity of the rifle including the fact that it has no forward bolt assist, and the "Vietnam era" look the rifle has about it. I don't care at all that it features a 1 -12" twist barrel. If I need to shoot heavier bullets I'll select a full-power .30 battle rifle rather than trying to "make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" with a middling .22 varmint caliber. I even like the triangular hand guard. I don't want to accessorize, don't want an M-4gery, don't want stuff hanging off of the rifle. A simple leather M1907 sling and I'm happy. I've owned and shot the rifle since the late 1980s so it feels familiar in its factory original configuration.

Reactions: OD* and rocky

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
My favorite general use rifle would be a 14.5" BCM. The Colt 6921 would be a very close second, which is also a 14.5". Now, this may change if I ever get around to buying a Centurion 14.5" barrel as their accuracy is great with the reliability of the others.

I have little reason to use anything but a BCM, Centurion or Colt. For lowers I like a Colt, BCM, Noveske or similar, with Colt internals. I would be just as content with a complete Noveske, KAC, LaRue or Daniel Defense as I would a Colt, BCM or Centurion. All of which I've owned besides the LaRue. I just know and trust the others so they are my preference.

Reactions: sammage

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
If I were looking for an AR right now, my favorite would be whatever I could find that didn't cost me my first born son...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If only I could ever actually buy a lower receiver from PSA, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Young man, I do not ever, EVER what to hear language like that coming out of your mouth again. Do you hear me?!?
I hear you , I have been around awhile and did not jump on the AR wagon 6 months ago. Did not realize how many we had around here until this last round of gun control came up.
I want to focus on a few more 308's

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have two ARs: a Sig Sauer 516 Patrol and a North Eastern Arms NEA-15 with a 14.5" barrel. I love both of them and I would own any reliable AR-15 that I can get my hands on. I like Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, RRA, etc.. There is no such thing as a bad AR-15, unless it is not reliable and malfunctions.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
Built my own with an LRB lower. Misc parts like: Lake Compass Lake upper, Krieger Barrel,Geissele trigger,Mag Pul UBR stock, YHM gas block, YMH flash hider,YHM charing handle. Sorry can't remember whos bolt carrier.

I have had good luck with Armalite and Rock River Arms.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Adcor B.E.A.R. Elite 16" with an EOTech 517 & G33. 5,000+ rounds (variety of manufacturers) and not a single FTE or FTF.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

·
8,501 Posts
On Jon's advice I have purchased two BCM Ars. IMO both were top notch and were worth hundreds more than what I paid for them.

My favorite is a 14.5 inch M4gery with a fixed A2X muzzle device. I would like to try a SBR some day but for now the 14.5 is where it's at.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts