Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently built both a "tactical sling" and my own modified version of a "single point sling". The tac-sling uses nylon straps to attach to my AR. The single-point uses an HK latch/hook.

I have seen rear sling mounts that accept the HK latch/hook, and I've seen the Daniel Defense type of "slot" to put the strap through.

The other day I did a search online and came across a rear sling mount that had both the "slot" and "loop" in the sling mount. Does anyone know who makes this item, and is it even worth my time? I'd like to keep the rear sling mount versatile so I can use multiple slings.

If the sling mount with both attachments isn't worth looking into, please give me your opinion as to which type of sling mount is better, and feel free to make recommendations.

This is my SHTF/home defense/zombie killing gun. Thanks! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Not quite sure what ya mean by slot/loop attachment. i use a 3 pt. eagle sling with my CAR stock. I found the single point too cumbersome and hits ya in the groin if ya run without holding the rifle.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm guessing....

Loop:

Slot:

Loop here, a DPMS end plate with a blue force gear single point sling w/ the HK style hook. I prefer it over the slot because its easy on/off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts