Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your recommendation for a good ar-15 scope? I'm looking to use it for target shooting and possibly hunting. Will shoot from around 100 - 200 yards. And my budget is no more than 500 bucks.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I use a leupold 1.25-4. The new nikon scopes are supposed to be pretty nice from what I understand. Also look at the vortex viper pst 1-24.

Reactions: Kilowatt3 and sgb

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I was looking for the same. Looked through many different scopes in stores.
Then came across the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 illuminated.
Extremely bright and sharp red Dot at 1x. Very good glass with etched BDC reticle.
LGS wanted $650. Found it online for sub-$500.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thanks a lot guys. Been reading quite a bit (I'll attach some links at the bottom) and as you've already mentioned, the Primary Arms 1-6x is a good choice.

However, I'm going to look more into the Vortex Strike Eagle. Will update with which scope I'll buy
https://scopesfield.com/best-scope-for-ar-15/
I was going to suggest the primary arms as well.

The link you provided says the primary arms is the best overall but you say you're going with a different one. I'm curious, why?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was going to suggest the primary arms as well. I have a 1-6x and love it. Great scope. Lighted reticle if needed, and a off-setting between each brightness setting. At 1 you have a red dot and at 6 you have the “donut of death” (as a friend calls it) with BDC crosshairs. You can keep most shots in the A-zone out to about 350 yard without much trouble.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I was looking for the same. Looked through many different scopes in stores.
Then came across the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 illuminated.
Extremely bright and sharp red Dot at 1x. Very good glass with etched BDC reticle.
LGS wanted $650. Found it online for sub-$500.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I just picked a PXI4 up myself. I didn't want to give up the benefits for a RDS shooting from awkward positions, but my eyes are needing magnification more to identify the target.
on 1x that sight is almost as good as my MRO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts