Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, NOT the best guy here for the AR rifle, but, I've come across a Remington/ Bushy A2 HBAR recently, 20 heavy barrel rifle. cheapo money (400.00) Ok, took off the hand guards to take a look at the barrel, and well, the barrel turns slightly NOT much but about .045" BUT the gas tube, delta nut and BCG all align. I put the hand guards back on, and it hardly moves. ... question is, does this REALLY make a difference in the rifle's accuracy/ integrity? Like I said, I'm a wiz on handguns, but the AR platform, nope.
Any and all input is welcome The good/bad/ugly
Thanks

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm REALLY Dumb!! I took the rifle back to the Store today, took the handgards off, to help explain what was ongoing... Stupid me now.... The "Haevy barry" that I THUGHT was moving was.... Ya ready for this....... was the FLOATING Heat Shield on the rifle!!! Geeeeze Louise..... I am foooooooooolsih !! I guess you CAN teach an "old dog" new tricks!!
In the end, I got the Bushy A3 type? rifle 20 inch heavy barrel. Detachable carry handle H BAR sights..all the "EVIL" features .. for 427.50 last July !! ( was 475.00)

·
Registered
36,192 Posts
Poll . . . anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Ok, NOT the best guy here for the AR rifle, but, I've come across a Remington/ Bushy A2 HBAR recently, 20 heavy barrel rifle. cheapo money (400.00) Ok, took off the hand guards to take a look at the barrel, and well, the barrel turns slightly NOT much but about .045" BUT the gas tube, delta nut and BCG all align. I put the hand guards back on, and it hardly moves. ... question is, does this REALLY make a difference in the rifle's accuracy/ integrity? Like I said, I'm a wiz on handguns, but the AR platform, nope.
Any and all input is welcome The good/bad/ugly
Thanks
NOPE! There was a disclaimer in the opening sentence! 😉 You "bought a pass, THIS time"! 😂 BUT, it MAY cost you NEXT time!

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NOPE! There was a disclaimer in the opening sentence! 😉 You "bought a pass, THIS time"! 😂 BUT, it MAY cost you NEXT time!
You're right! With all the guns I have, ..... It must be the A>G>E factor catching up with me for sure... When I came into the Store (where I work) guys at the Trade Counter were chuckling after what I presented to them. Geeeezum.... I'll NEVER live it down either

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
You're right! With all the guns I have, ..... It must be the A>G>E factor catching up with me for sure... When I came into the Store (where I work) guys at the Trade Counter were chuckling after what I presented to them. Geeeezum.... I'll NEVER live it down either
SORRY! Can't cover for you at the store! 😂 You're "ON YOUR OWN"!

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
@CLASS3NH AS YOU WELL KNOW, from year's of OTHER members post's confirming it, "it's ALWAYS BEST, to BLAME THE GUN"!!!! 😂

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts

·
Registered
36,192 Posts
Nice! I am not a fan of the M-4 stocks.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VERY NICE RIFLE, considering what gave for it! You ALWAYS "make out as the supreme deal getter here"! (like my englishes) Some day, I'm going to see if you could find "something for me"! 😉
I'm just lucky, that's all.. LOL..... Other people passed on it for some reason. Maybe cuz it's so darn heavy.... It originally cost the first guy 875.00 (it was a Factory demo rifle in 2013 ) he traded it in... July 12, 2019, 475.00........sold same day ( july 12th) and came back in January 7th 2020..475.00 then a couple others put holds on it and passed on it...I snagged it on July 1, 2020 for 427.50...

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I can't see the rifle, and particularly without the handguards, but I will say over the several hundred rifles I have built / worked on, I have never heard of or seen "floating heatshields". Floating handguards, yes. Heatshields? No.

As a safety check, grab the carry handle with one hand and the front sight base with the other and twist both ways. If anything moves at all, the barrel nut is loose.

Remove the handguards and take a photo. Just at first glance those look like standard A3 handguards which attach to the rifle via the barrel nut and front sight base. If it has a National Match A3 free-floating handguard setup, it will have a tube that attaches to the front of the receiver and the handguards attach to the tube instead of the barrel itself.

In any event, a quick photo will confirm it. Those guns are quite rare as they are built for competition. I have a Rock River version.

BTW Assuming it is a NM A3, those things are extraordinary shooters. They generally have .223 Wylde chambers and fast twists to handle heavy, high ballistic coefficient bullets.

·
Registered
36,192 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I'm just lucky, that's all.. LOL.....Other people passed on it for some reason. Maybe cuz it's so darn heavy.... It originally cost the first guy 875.00 (it was a Factory demo rifle in 2013 ) he traded it in... July 12, 2019, 475.00........sold same day ( july 12th) and came back in January 7th 2020..475.00 then a couple others put holds on it and passed on it...I snagged it on July 1, 2020 for 427.50...

They PROBABLY THOUGHT the barrel WAS LOOSE! 😂 😂

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Those things are amazingly versatile rifles. Take the carry handle off and put a big scope on it and you have a sniper rifle that will match anything out to 800 yards. I used to shoot the 52 grain match loads when we used the small targets that made a 200 yard shot look like a 600 yard target.

If you put it on sandbags, it will shoot the 52's into one little hole at 200 and into about 2.5 inches at 600 with the 77 grain match loads. A good shooter can put everything in about 6 inches with the match iron sights offhand at 600.

Reactions: Pete63 and CLASS3NH
1 - 20 of 31 Posts