Defensive Carry banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
1,596 Posts
I prefer gi aluminum mags, did a drop test from 6 feet with Magpul vs hi with loaded mag and the plastic mages would bust if the hit just right. Would scuff up the aluminum mags but they kept on going.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I don’t know what you paid for those, but might I recommend P-Mags from now on?
Agree, PMAGs and load 30, they're built with the "extra space" beyond max capcity to allow seating them easily.

GI aluminum I load 28, or used to. Converted all to PMAGs except for a couple Colt 20 rders years ago and not going back anytime soon.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Agree, PMAGs and load 30, they're built with the "extra space" beyond max capcity to allow seating them easily.

GI aluminum I load 28, or used to. Converted all to PMAGs except for a couple Colt 20 rders years ago and not going back anytime soon.
I picked up a batch of OKay magazines - aluminum with the green follower. Those work fine with 30 rounds, but I really prefer the P-Mags. The aluminum ones eventually have to be repainted, or they start to look like stuff is growing on them!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I like P-Mags, Lancer, & Daniel Defense for polymer mags and Okay and D&H for aluminum. These have all worked well for me. As for downloading the magazines by 1 or 2 rounds I know some that do and some that don't. I personally load them up but when storing or on the go bag they are loaded to 28.

·
Registered
926 Posts
qty 2, 40 round mags coupled together .... problem solved. 80+1 at your fingertips. 30 round mag in pic for reference ....

Reactions: OldChap

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I picked up a batch of OKay magazines - aluminum with the green follower. Those work fine with 30 rounds, but I really prefer the P-Mags. The aluminum ones eventually have to be repainted, or they start to "look like stuff is growing on them"!
I run the "Okay's" ALSO, in all 3 of mine! (I DO OWN a "mess of pmag's though") "THAT'S THE REASON I LIKE THEM"! 😂

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used to have a couple of Thermold polymer (zytel?) mags that were 30/45 rounders. They ran fine in some guns at maximum capacity, but not so well in others, so when I sold one of the ARs that "liked" them, I sold the mags with the gun. But at the time I bought them, virtually everything else was out of stock. Must have been after Sandy Hook.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
I snagged 15 P-Mags at GunMagWarehouse on sale last summer. IIRC it was right at $100 for the whole batch.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
For those of you with a military ID card the AFFEES has the gen 2 Magpul 30 rd mags on sale for $8.99 this week.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I used to have a couple of Thermold polymer (zytel?) mags that were 30/45 rounders. They ran fine in some guns at maximum capacity, but not so well in others, so when I sold one of the ARs that "liked" them, I sold the mags with the gun. But at the time I bought them, virtually everything else was out of stock. Must have been after Sandy Hook.
I picked up a bunch of polymer military/ LEO marked 20 rd Thermolds quite a few years ago for less than $5 each. They actually work very well for prone shooting or when using a bench rest. It is my understanding they were contract overrun for Canadian RCMP and military units. I prefer P-mag 30 rds for higher capacity mags. Just my .02 worth!

Reactions: Fallsrider

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
For those of you with a military ID card the AFFEES has the gen 2 Magpul 30 rd mags on sale for $8.99 this week.
Are you talking on-line or local PX??

On-line shows them for $9.95:

Unfortunately they've got me teleworking again, but I could manage to swing on to post and check it out tomorrow. That's a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Are you talking on-line or local PX??

On-line shows them for $9.95:

Unfortunately they've got me teleworking again, but I could manage to swing on to post and check it out tomorrow. That's a heck of a deal.
That was at the Hurlburt Field BX but I would imagine it should be the same at other AFFEES that sell guns and ammo.

Reactions: Chuck R.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
If things keep going the way they are, those magazines could potentially be worth a lot of $$$$$.
I suspect there will be a run on AR mags:
1. All those new buyers scoffing up the ARs are going to realize they need magazines sooner or later.
2. We'll get closer to the election and the real panic buying will set in.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts