Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for a quick sight for my AR. I don't want a magnified scope. I'm leaning towards EOTech but I don't know anything about Aimpoints. I like the both eyes open scenario of the EOTech. Is this possible with the Aimpoint as well? What about something cheaper like an ATN. Any sugestions?:confused:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
There is a bushnell option, it is basically the EOTech without the hood. It runs around 250, but you can buy demo units for 180. I actually think it is made by the same people who make the EOTechs. Ill see if I can find a picture of it. Look into it.

Yep, here it is.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the Bushnell and wasn't sure if it was the same hight at the EOTech. I guess co-witnessing is possible with it too.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Either sight can be used both eyes open. i like the Aimpoint for the option of covers, but the EOtech is a nice wide screen to snap shoot with too.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I have a Aimpoint M3 which I really, really like...those EOTechs look nice though....I really like the idea of the hood which makes this sight sort of a ghost ring sight on steriods if you accidentally leave it off.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How about one of these

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just posted a pic of my AR the other day i also have the aimpoint and i love it ...from what i know the battiers life on the aimpoint is from 1000 to 10,000 hours on the Eotech depends on which one its around 1,100 hours only . Also when i shoot to qualify with it i shoot with the Aimpoint " ON" but the front lenses cover closed . I know it sounds werid til you try it . It has made me a better shooter when both the caps are open . I alos have the aimpoint mounted on a tall mount that way i don't have to crank my head down to the sight when i bring the rifle up the aimpoint is right in my line of sight .

·
Registered
862 Posts
I used Millet on my old SAR1. I realy like how you can adjust the size of the dot. Ive used it when deer hunting in very thick forests of the Adirondacks, in temps under -0F. and has never failed or its lost zero. For three years. It passed the "Tugg Hill test", so I endorce it. Now I plan on puting it through the "Florida swamp test"!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forgive me for being a little late.
I have both the AP Comp ML3 and HWS 511 EOT on separate M4s.
I find that I like the HWS a lot more in close in situations. Anything say under 100yds.
The EOT hood is not really just a "hood", it is an armored plate designed to protect the HUD. The Bushnell sportsman sight does not have this and will not stand up to military/law enforcement rigors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts