Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AR-15 Build One Today - Click On The Little Evil Black Rifle For Step By Step w/ Pics....even. :yup:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Wow QK - that is one mega useful series of info posts!! I saved that as a whole deal - most useful and thx.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Thanks QK, I have been wanting to learn more about AR-15's and would like to build one too sometime. Great info lead.

Ti.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Sweet!

They got that AR more made up than a virgin on prom night!

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Thanks QK. :hand10:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Nice Qkshooter.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I gotta blame somebody for this....might as well be QKS and his most informative thread on ARs for Dummies.....like a few others, I downloaded ever bit of how-to and lo and behold if there wasn't a gun show last weekend to do some pricing! Since it was forecast to rain, I figured I couldn't be constructive at home so might as well head fer tha show ! Yahoo !!!! I looked at uppers, lowers, slings, sights, flash sups, you name, if it was an AR component, I browsed it. Well all was goin good til I started adding up all the parts.....geesh, they were selling complete ARs cheaper than I could build one.

I succumbed to the temptation.... wound up buying a DPMS AR in 6.8mm. Yeah, I know, the ammo is 3 times the cost of 5.56/.223, but I looked at it this way: I don't ever go to the range and just see how many rounds I can fire through my gun. I try improve accuracy and speed, with a lot more emphasis on accuracy. So, I don't plan on a 1000 rd day at the range with an AR. Most likely it'll be less than a 100 rd (then I trot to the pistol range side). Anyway, it looks good, feels good, I sure hope it shoots good ! View attachment 2173

1 - 10 of 10 Posts