Registered
9,894 Posts
Parts list ?

And ASC mags ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope I bought two asc mags and sent em back the fit and finish on em sucks and the follower was sticky. I'm going with c products defense gen 3 mags. They got birdsong black t teflon finish, wolf +5% extra power springs, and good followers in them. The c products defense are made of stainless steel and the asc are aluminum.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks nice!

Next month I start my first 7.62x39 AR build. Building one with a 20" barrel on a A3 top for deer hunting, and possibly one in Feb. with a A1 or A2 top on a Form 1 as a SBR.

·
Super Moderator
19,888 Posts
Waiting for the range report and pics!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nice, lemme know how it fires. I started reloading 7.62x39 because my Mini-30 doesn't like steel cased ammo (primers).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice, lemme know how it fires. I started reloading 7.62x39 because my Mini-30 doesn't like steel cased ammo (primers).
I never had that problem with the Mini 30 I lost in the fire...it gobbled the Barnaul stuff we had like candy.....BUT, I've heard the story about steel cased ammo in others.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alg act trigger came in yesterday. I got it and the front battle arms development front pin installed. Next will be to install upper on lower and then use my handguard tool and change out the hand guard with my magpul moe hand guard. I'm still lacking two items. The first is a BCM Gunfighter mod 4 charging handle and a dpms mickulek brake.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the front detent, spring, and pin in as well as the alg act trigger installed, and my magpul moe forend installed. I'm just waiting until I can afford it then I'm going to buy a bcm gunfighter medium charging handle and a new brake.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone have any idea why the standard tan spring which is advertised on the alg website as having a trigger pull of no more than 6 pounds would have an 8 pound 10 ounce pull on my rifle?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hard to tell, but it looks like it.
I think I've determined it may be tool marks. Because I tried to stick a tooth pick in it and it wouldn't go in and dental floss wouldn't go in either.

The test pick

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On a side note after receiving a new alg act trigger I installed a wolff reduced power trigger spring and a wolff reduced power disconnector spring as well as the lower parts kit pins as the alg were oversized. I left the tan standard hammer spring in and an average of 8 pulls with the lower off the trigger pull came in at 5 pounds 11.5 ounces

With the upper installed it averaged about 8.5 pound trigger pull average. Why I don't know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts