Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took my rifle to the range and im trying to zero my iron sights. Well im getting good groups but at 50 yards im still hitting close to a foot and a half higher then where i am aiming. My front sight is adjusted almost to the point of falling out and i dont know what else to do. If i raise the front sight anymore it will literally fall out. im using a red dont this year for hunting but i would like to have my iron sights good to go just in case.

·
Registered
10,703 Posts
What type of iron sights are you using? If you are using Magpul, there are two different rear sight holes, one for close range and one for long range. If you're using the wrong hole, this might throw you off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have both holes on the rear sight and did not know they where for distance, just thought they where for increased accuracy.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
where on the rails do you have the rear sight?

Is it a fixed front sight?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is the front sight on a gas block or the handguard? Because usually a railed gas block is lower than the handguard, which would mean you'd be shooting high. You'd have to either put your sight on the handguard if possible or get a gas block height front sight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My front sight is fully adjusted and raised, if thats what you mean by fixed. It is a flip down for the red dot. Also it is mounted to the gas block which makes sence on being lower, and i already have a new handguard on its way with rails. Rear sight is mounted just over the half to front portion of the chamber.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
My front sight is fully adjusted and raised, if thats what you mean by fixed. It is a flip down for the red dot. Also it is mounted to the gas block which makes sence on being lower, and i already have a new handguard on its way with rails. Rear sight is mounted just over the half to front portion of the chamber.
Move your rear sight as far back on the rail as you can, just in front of the charging handle. That should fix the issue.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah if you didn't get a gas block height front sight then there's your problem right there. I think they make risers as well. But they also make different height sights for handguard and gas block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts