Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an AR15 style stock as a direct drop-in, no fitting required, replacement for my mini 14. I love the feel of the more tacticial AR but cannot justify buying a whole new rifle, when all I want to change is the stock. I was hoping a few of you experts might give me some ideas or places to buy such a thing if it exists. I think I have a special interest in collapsible stocks as opposed to fixed or folding.

So where can I buy a tactical AR15 style collapsible stock as a direct drop in (no adjustment needed) to my mini 14? Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
143,716 Posts
Hey Dirkster...you beat me to the Choate. I was just about to send that PIC to our gallery & then post it here. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cylde Armory Scar Stock. 500 bucks. Expensive, but not when compared to some AR rail systems that run 300 bucks or stocks that run 200.

I had one, worked just fine. Will probably double the weight of the weapon however.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The SCAR stock from Clyde Armory is made by Sage International, unless Clyde has quite recently found another vendor. I have one on one of my Minis. It is a QUALITY piece of furniture! I got around the high Clyde Armory price by buying a pre-owned Mini with the stock; the dealer priced the Mini, seemingly, as just another nice used Mini. I do believe Ruger made one run of Minis with the Sage stock as an OEM item, before going to the cheaper alternative they use now. (I had handled a Mini with a Sage stock that was in a dealer's new inventory, anyway.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts