Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: NavCop

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Yes. And the only Christmas carol they sing is “White Christmas”. :rolleyes:

Where do these idiots come up with this stuff?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Just a passing thought, but I don't recall having any choice in who my parents were, what race they represented, or any of the family history prior to my appearance on the stage of life.

Over the years I have known racists and bigots of just about every single racial and ethnic definition. Perhaps your experiences have been different.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. And the only Christmas carol they sing is “White Christmas”. :rolleyes:

Where do these idiots come up with this stuff?
I KNOW, CWO! I couldn't believe it, and had to listen to it AGAIN, before I posted it, to make sure I heard what I thought I heard. The "reason I posted it was mainly just to let others know what is being passed off as an accurate information". Don't know if anyone noticed, BUT the article/study was "kind of secretive" about some details. They said it was "because of the sensitivity of the topic".

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Such a narrow minded point of view. Angela Bell (assistant professor of psychology at Lafayette College in Pennsylvania) has stated on CNN: "If you have to ask if you are a racist, you are, and if you are not asking if you are a racist, you are."

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
First, their secrecy around the two cities they used is very suspicious. It means the study cannot be properly peer reviewed. It also might mean that no matter what the researcher said in the interview, the cities may have been chosen to produce a predetermined outcome. But let's say, for the sake of argument, the data is reliable and valid.

I could envision the possibility that there are other conclusions that this data could lead to.
  • We know that there is more crime in black communities, including violent crime. So there is probably more opportunities for cops to use force in black communities.
  • Black suspects may be more likely to threaten white officers than black officers with violence, especially on their home turf.
  • Black cops may be more likely to go easy in black communities, resulting in less challenges. Some black cops may live in these neighborhoods or show favoritism for some other reason.
The liberal narrative, though, only allows for one conclusion. The lack of peer review of this study means we will never know.

Here is an even more glaring issue: This study contradicts a much more extensive study done by U of MI and U of MD last year that is peer reviewable. It claims white police officers are not more likely to shoot minorities. Another study, linked at the bottom of the link below, showed that there are big differences in the likelihood of a black person being shot by either black or white police in cities with more racial segregation. For instance, "A Black person was no more likely than a White person to be fatally shot by police in Mesa, Arizona; Honolulu, Hawaii; Lexington, Kentucky; and Henderson, Nevada—but 46.7 times more likely in Santa Ana, California."

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First, their secrecy around the two cities they used is very suspicious. It means the study cannot be properly peer reviewed. It also might mean that no matter what the researcher said in the interview, the cities may have been chosen to produce a predetermined outcome. But let's say, for the sake of argument, the data is reliable and valid.

I could envision the possibility that there are other conclusions that this data could lead to.
  • We know that there is more crime in black communities, including violent crime. So there is probably more opportunities for cops to use force in black communities.
  • Black suspects may be more likely to threaten white officers than black officers with violence, especially on their home turf.
  • Black cops may be more likely to go easy in black communities, resulting in less challenges. Some black cops may live in these neighborhoods or show favoritism for some other reason.
The liberal narrative, though, only allows for one conclusion. The lack of peer review of this study means we will never know.

Here is an even more glaring issue: This study contradicts a much more extensive study done by U of MI and U of MD last year that is peer reviewable. It claims white police officers are not more likely to shoot minorities. Another study, linked at the bottom of the link below, showed that there are big differences in the likelihood of a black person being shot by either black or white police in cities with more racial segregation. For instance, "A Black person was no more likely than a White person to be fatally shot by police in Mesa, Arizona; Honolulu, Hawaii; Lexington, Kentucky; and Henderson, Nevada—but 46.7 times more likely in Santa Ana, California."

BIG THUMBS UP to your entire post! (y)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
JMF, There's another possibility. Many years ago on the East side of Little Rock, AR the black community there was being policed by white cops. The community moaned and whined and said all sorts of things about the quality of policing provided to them. They asked, demanded, or whatever to get black cops to police them. The LRPD obliged them and put black cops in the area. VERY shortly afterward the black community decided it was necessary to have some white policing to provide racial balance.

The black cops never took any of the BS the black community was trying to dish out (and had dished to the white cops) and bashed heads every chance they got.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Sounds like just another crock of liberal "stuff". Sure hope they get tire of this nonsense soon.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
377 Posts
I could throw darts at the conclusions drawn, but first - why does the article capitalize the adjective "black" but not "white"?
A couple of weeks ago, I saw an article about this question. The black activists have convinced the media that being black is on par with being American, Mexican, or Jewish. There are some who are finally admitting what many of us have known, not all black people are from Africa. And around the world, not all black people live in America. So they finally realized that African-American didn't apply to all blacks. So, now they want to be black again. But since it defines their very existence, they want everyone to recognize them as Black, not black. And the media is going right along with it. Otherwise, they'd be racist.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I could throw darts at the conclusions drawn, but first - why does the article capitalize the adjective "black" but not "white"?
My wife told me this is now a thing the media is doing. It has always been grammatically correct to capitalize ethnicity. Recently the media has been playing a game of capitalizing Black in this context and not white.

·
Registered
271 Posts
A couple of points overall.

The thin blue line is crucial to a civil society. When cops get corrupted, demoralized and under resourced one gets what is happening in Mexico.

Some police departments or at least some leaders have and do tolerate bigots. Admittedly I have no studies to back that up, simply my personal observation as well as inferring from my military and corporate experience.

Poor communities have higher crime, not Black communities per se. that doesn’t excuse it but it’s an important distinction so we don’t perpetuate a false hood that Blacks or Hispanics have an ethnic tendency toward for crime.

Now I’ll go listen to the podcast... (-;

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
JMF, There's another possibility. Many years ago on the East side of Little Rock, AR the black community there was being policed by white cops. The community moaned and whined and said all sorts of things about the quality of policing provided to them. They asked, demanded, or whatever to get black cops to police them. The LRPD obliged them and put black cops in the area. VERY shortly afterward the black community decided it was necessary to have some white policing to provide racial balance.

The black cops never took any of the BS the black community was trying to dish out (and had dished to the white cops) and bashed heads every chance they got.
That is a great point. I probably should not have said "go easy" and "show favoritism" because that was off the point I was trying to make. The black cops you described may have indeed "based heads" more than white officers, but they also might have been less likely to shoot, which was the point of the study I quoted. The two outcomes are not incompatible. I don't know. That is why we need more unbiased, peer reviewable research and less of the "one off" research cited in the OP.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Obviously since (according to BLM) if you're white and don't protest with them you're racist. Remember those "white silence equals racial vilance" signs?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts