Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like my Glock 23 is the most least-fuss gun to just grab and go for carry. Just a nice and easy kydex holster with a clip, no levers, etc. and works all the time from day one.
Are Glocks probably the guns with the least amount of features maybe preferred by minimalists?

:usa::first:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
No.

My 3953 and 4053 have the same number of levers/actuators as any Glock and have also worked from day one.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Plenty of other guns are like that ie grab and go ...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Yeah Webley, but you just got lucky :gah::danceban:

Or not:smile:
I have experienced 3X the number FTF/FTE with Glocks compared to any of my 3rd Gen Smiths, Sig P2XX or Beretta 92 series.

Sorry- I am really not a fan of the whole Glock concept. It seems to me to be the ultimate answer to a question that never needed to be asked.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I feel like my Glock 23 is the most least-fuss gun to just grab and go for carry. Just a nice and easy kydex holster with a clip, no levers, etc. and works all the time from day one.
Are Glocks probably the guns with the least amount of features maybe preferred by minimalists?

No doubt they are good. But, so are lots of others. BTW, fixed the flag for you. :usa1:

·
Registered
671 Posts
No.

My 3953 and 4053 have the same number of levers/actuators as any Glock and have also worked from day one.
I have experienced 3X the number FTF/FTF with Glocks compared to any of my 3rd Gen Smiths, Sig P2XX or Beretta 92 series...
I have to agree about 3rd generation S&Ws being trustworthy. I have a fondness for DAO and decocker-only 3rd gen S&Ws.

Of course, 2nd gen aren't bad either.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
My Walther has a trigger and take down tabs. Point and shoot 100% of the time.

Oh, I guess it has interchangealbe back straps to adjust fit. But, then Glock had to go and copy that idea! :image035:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have experienced 3X the number FTF/FTF with Glocks compared to any of my 3rd Gen Smiths, Sig P2XX or Beretta 92 series.

Sorry- I am really not a fan of the whole Glock concept. It seems to me to be the ultimate answer to a question that never needed to be asked.
But you answered.

·
Registered
20,077 Posts
It really depends on what the definition of minimalism is to a individual.

What it means to me is rust resistant, low maintenance, lightweight, good capacity, and point and shoot with the industry standard for reliability, then yeah, it's about as minimalist as you can get.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'm for sure not a minimalists, a garage full of holsters and guns is a testament to that, but one of my default guns is a G-23 in a Garrity's single clip leather holster.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

You just described my Smiths, Sigs, Rugers, and CZs... I grab and go, no levers they work all the time from day one. Hell you even described my Taurus G2...

Guns of any type aren't complicated...they're simple machines.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I guess my definition of "minimalist" is most closely fulfilled by a 4" revolver in .38 special, as typified by the S&W Model 10.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Glocks are by far .. Springs, triggers , magazines & barrels , frames , slides .holsters . Plentiful and reasonably priced .....
I have a Glock 23 by my side .. Glock 41 at my bedside . Glock 27 is my EDC ... Glock 29 for woods...I have 7 Glocks in all ....

But having said that .. My PT111 G2 is grabbed up very often also

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
I have experienced 3X the number FTF/FTF with Glocks compared to any of my 3rd Gen Smiths, Sig P2XX or Beretta 92 series.

% was just messin with you. Saw an opening and took it. I hope you know I was just kidding.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts