Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been in a gun shop in ages. But looking around online, I'm not seeing much in the way of P320s or M&P .45s for sale. Are inventories sparse these days? I'm looking for a P320 .45 full size or M&P .45 full size and not finding any.

Reactions: baren and NavCop

·
Registered
694 Posts
In a word, yes. Especially "compact" sized pistols in any popular caliber. I was lucky enough to find a Gen 5 G19 in a local shop last weekend for MAP pricing. Local Armslist prices are a joke. Used Glocks are selling for $650+, Used M&P's for $600+, I saw a Ruger LC9S Pro going for $550 yesterday.

Reactions: baren

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Wife and I went to a gun store a few days ago near the camp where we stayed.
A small shop in the back of a general store.
He had 4 (Count 'em, FOUR) Heritage .22 single action revolvers at $350 each and ONE 12 Gauge shotgun for $2000.
Last time we had gone there (about two years ago) he all sorts of S&W, Henry, Colt etc. and ammunition up the old wazoo.
He said he couldn't get any unless he bought in bulk which he couldn't afford.
He did have a lot of knives...must be waiting for a British buyer.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I've not been in a gun store this year, however ...
I've messed around looking at Glockmeister, Davidsons and Gunbroker - its bad.
Higher end 1911's seem to be the least affected, ex: Dan Wesson.

Reactions: ugh762x39

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I don't know where the OP is located, but the Denver area Sportsman's Warehouse locations have actually started to see some increase in duty type handguns. It may be worth a call to a larger vendor?

Reactions: baren

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,383 Posts
The local Sportsman's Warehouse gets their shipment of guns and ammo in on Thursday afternoons. You have to be there when they open on Friday mornings to get anything good.

The LGS have lots of hunting rifles and hunting shotguns. They have some large revolvers in big bore calibers. There are no ARs, compact 9mm handguns, or home defense shotguns.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
There are individuals with sought-after guns for sale at exuberant prices out there. That being said, looking for a specific weapon will likely involve some searching and the pricing will not be great. I am also seeing buyers advertising they will pay x amount for a specific gun, and the prices are getting outrageous. I would expect this to continue as election time grows nearer, with the threat of the gun-grabbing duo of Biden and Harris at hand. Price and availability will likely continue to reflect this as well as a shortage/hoarding mentality.

Reactions: Chaplain Scott

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I haven't been in a gun shop in ages. But looking around online, I'm not seeing much in the way of P320s or M&P .45s for sale. Are inventories sparse these days? I'm looking for a P320 .45 full size or M&P .45 full size and not finding any.
Around here it's not hard to find "a" pistol. Just, not any particular pistol. And ammo to feed it is extremely sparse.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It depends on the gun, caliber, and especially the price. Around here, finding a quality high capacity 9mm at a decent price has proven to be somewhat difficult.

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
I couldn't say. I don't shop for guns or ammo in inflated markets with high demand and low supply. Last ammo purchased was a case of American Eagle 9mm 115gr. FMJ at 17 cents per round with shipping included. They can still be bought in bulk for 9-10 cents more per round, or roughly $90-$100 more per case. I can easily wait this out, and if the civil war or zombie invasion occurs in the meantime, I'm ready in all my primary pistol and rifle calibers.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Are pistols hard to find these days?

Is the Pope Catholic?
Sadly, the answer to both questions isn't yes. Not entirely at any rate.

Pistols are hard to come by, but the RCC is in a dark age. I cannot definitively say the answer is yes as I could with the previous few Popes.

Sad times right now for many reasons.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
I couldn't say. I don't shop for guns or ammo in inflated markets with high demand and low supply. Last ammo purchased was a case of American Eagle 9mm 115gr. FMJ at 17 cents per round with shipping included. They can still be bought in bulk for 9-10 cents more per round, or roughly $90-$100 more per case. I can easily wait this out, and if the civil war or zombie invasion occurs in the meantime, I'm ready in all my primary pistol and rifle calibers.
If those occur, I'm not really concerned about FMJ range ammo. I'm hoarding my good SD ammo, though, and buying some more as prices are basically the same as they were before.Seems to me it's mostly the range ammo that has skyrocketed in price and/or out of stock.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
My neighbor just picked up a RIA 1911 in .45. I haven’t seen any ammo for it in any of the stores I’ve been to lately and all the online stores are out as well.

Reactions: Chaplain Scott

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Expensive HP ammo is available for .45 acp. Speer Gold Dot 230 gr. Hollow Point, Hornady FTX and XTP as well... it's all over $1.00/round, though.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I wrote in another thread that I went to what used to be Texas largest gun show last weekend. Not many new guns being sold and those that were for sale were going for over MSRP in a lot of cases.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I found "a gun" that I really would like to have. The next step: FINDING ONE in existence. That has been a major challenge. As of this moment in time there is a possibility that one large gun store hundreds of miles from where I live MIGHT be able to special order it for me. I'll find out in about two weeks. I will add that there are a very few of that model number for sale on gunbroker, but I'm not sure I trust the vendors offering them, and/or the prices are beyond ridiculous. As it is, I'll be paying around manufacturer's suggested retail - if they can get the gun.

I'm used to phoning 7 or 8 gun stores in our area and doing price comparisons. Those days have disappeared, at least for now and the foreseeable future.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts