Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I missed this video. It's four years old, but the numbers from Heather Mac Donald are solid.

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
No, they are not racist.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Of course not. Are there racist police, sure. When an officer shoots a person of a different race it does not imply that race was a factor. I know that's not what the media would have you believe.

·
Registered
783 Posts
No. But they do tend to fight back when attacked.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Of course not. Are there racist police, sure. When an officer shoots a person of a different race it does not imply that race was a factor. I know that's not what the media would have you believe.
Imply?
No, not to a normal person.
But to a leftist liberal, it's PROOF!

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Law Enforcement racist?

I dunno. Follow mighty whitey into a hood and find out?

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
When will anyone ever have the moral courage to stand up and LOUDLY proclaim that RACISTS COME IN ALL COLORS. I've never known a race of people who have the corner on sinlessness. There has only been One who fit that bill.

Of course, that doesn't fit the "spin" (That word means a bald faced lie) put out by those who make money off such things.

·
Registered
34,607 Posts
Just like the military, LE is a cross section of the populace. Yes, there are racist LEOs, just like there are racist service members. There is no way to legislate that out of existence. The most that can and should be expected is to deal with those individual as they surface and make their status known. But to condemn either as a whole is ignorance in action.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
When will anyone ever have the moral courage to stand up and LOUDLY proclaim that RACISTS COME IN ALL COLORS. I've never known a race of people who have the corner on sinlessness. There has only been One who fit that bill.

Of course, that doesn't fit the "spin" (That word means a bald faced lie) put out by those who make money off such things.
Good idea

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Just like the military, LE is a cross section of the populace. Yes, there are racist LEOs, just like there are racist service members. There is no way to legislate that out of existence. The most that can and should be expected is to deal with those individual as they surface and make their status known. But to condemn either as a whole is ignorance in action.
Nice, now who wants tacos?

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
I believe the lady in the video completely, but she is going down the same road we have gone down with gun control. It is not a factual argument that matters here. People on the right find this frustrating, but it is self-evident.

The "racist police" argument is not even intended by the leaders of the left and the behind the scene agitators to be a logical argument. It is a power grab that the left has found a willing audience for. The minions believe it, but that is not what it is about. It is a political marketing ploy and it is working.

Until the right learns to make good populist, emotional arguments and starts beating the left at this game, we will lose even though we are sure we are correct and have the facts to prove it. No one will care.

Say what you want about Trump, and there is plenty to criticize him over, but he is good at populist, emotional arguments. That's what put him in office. On the pro-gun side, I think Colion Noir sometimes does a good job at this. But people on the right are clinging to their facts as they go down the drain. Where is the Reagan legacy? That is what we need.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Police are not racist. jmf552 is correct, it's a popular political ploy put forth by the same folks who brought you the "assault weapons" ban.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
Checklist to be Racist:
#1 Heart beating around 60 & above BPM
#2 Breaths per minute 8-16
#3 Body Temp. About 98.6
#4 Fitzpatrick Scale "Type 1"
Conclusion:

You are "RACIST"

Checklist for "Non-Racist":
#'s 1,2,3,
#4 Fitzpatrick Scale "ABOVE TYPE 1"
Conclusion:

You "ARE NOT A RACIST"!

That "should justabout cover it"!

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Until the right learns to make good populist, emotional arguments and starts beating the left at this game, we will lose even though we are sure we are correct and have the facts to prove it.
I agree with all you have said but what would that look like? It seems the two approaches are diametrically opposed and incompatible. How would Ronald Regan fit the need? How can you emotionally engage those whose minds are closed?

As for Heather MacDonald, she is a National Treasure and high on my list of those who should be listened to.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Agreed. The media makes sure to only highlight those incidents of police misconduct (real or not) which support the agenda of racism. Case in point - the death of Tony Timpa who was killed by Dallas police 4 years ago. An officer was on top of his handcuffed, face-down, non-resisting body for 13 minutes. All while the officers cracked jokes at him as he became unconscious and finally died. The incident never made national news. I'm betting if he had not been a white executive it would have played on the news networks 24/7 for weeks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts