Defensive Carry banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
The biggest issue is the media and politicians using statistics to determine who is racist. For example if the media / politicians state 80% (made up number) of the crime comes from an area where the population is white and most officers in that area are non-white the statistics would show that roughly 80% of arrests made are of white people by non-white officers. That can be interpreted / twisted to show that the non-white officers are arresting many more white people then non-white and it must be because of race.

Statistics is nothing more than a way to alter the outcome using math.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
When I was a dumb teenager, I asked my LEO father once if he hated a certain group of people that were protesting and he said to me, quite sarcastically, " that wasn't true, that he hated all people equally, so there was no prejudice"! I knew then from his acerbic reply that he treated all people the same, was never afraid of them, just sometimes surprised by their actions.

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
Some are, but just as important, some are pretty stupid.
Kneeling on the guy's neck for 8 minutes while several bystanders take pictures.:oops:

·
Registered
207 Posts
We had a new officer who was a couple months behind me... prior to all this current stuff, he drew his gun on a black guy in a car. Scared the driver half to death, but luckily it was defused quickly.

FTO asked him why he pulled the gun. This FTO is a good guy, and was looking for the reason he felt threatened. Guy said,”because he was black.” Cool, calm voice. FTO didn’t know what to say... but within that week, the officer resigned.

Sad that there are people like that in the world. But in L/E... they usually are weeded out quickly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Somehow I missed this video. It's four years old, but the numbers from Heather Mac Donald are solid.

That’s the dumbest question I have ever heard. Yeah. We are prejudice to scum who commits crimes and we lock them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts