Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I always share with my wife. She frequently wants to try food I ordered but she didn't. I don't drink alcohol but she likes a glass of wine every now and then. I frequently ask if she wants wine in the evening and if she does I go and make a trip to get it. Married 25 years. Also get her roses for no good reason too.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Those are my fries!!!!!!

Reactions: Sister and G26Raven

·
Premium Member
6,708 Posts
Gramps is always willing for me to taste some of whatever he has ordered. In fact, he will give me a generous amount of whatever I ask to taste. On the other hand DO NOT offer even a bite of anything on your plate to him!!! He takes offense at that no matter if any of it has been touched by either hand or utensil or not.

Men. Go figure.......
Weird! My wife and I have been swapping spit for over 40 years, I'm pretty sure I have already caught everything she has passed along.

We often get strange looks in restaurants when we ask for one box to take two half sandwiches, and sides, home for the next day's lunch.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I have carried my wife into the emergency 5 times and one time was by ambulance because which thats why I started taking her because the bus was to slow. I am now her full time caretaker. I am head chief, house keeper, trained driver and personal security. I check her oxygen 3 to 4 times a night and the main concentretor twice in the night and sometimes I sit on the floor by her and listen to her breathe to make sure she has a steady flow and no hose kinks. I do all the shopping, keep track of meds followed by book keeping on our tight budget, this year in June will be our 26 year of marriage and in Sept will be our 27yr of being together. The rest of my life is boring, military in the 50s then thought I would do something safe and went into law enforcement including a international agency of which I was a supervisor then training officer for security team and now I waste your time writing this down for you to wish you had kept browsing

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
I have carried my wife into the emergency 5 times and one time was by ambulance because which thats why I started taking her because the bus was to slow. I am now her full time caretaker. I am head chief, house keeper, trained driver and personal security. I check her oxygen 3 to 4 times a night and the main concentretor twice in the night and sometimes I sit on the floor by her and listen to her breathe to make sure she has a steady flow and no hose kinks. I do all the shopping, keep track of meds followed by book keeping on our tight budget, this year in June will be our 26 year of marriage and in Sept will be our 27yr of being together. The rest of my life is boring, military in the 50s then thought I would do something safe and went into law enforcement including a international agency of which I was a supervisor then training officer for security team and now I waste your time writing this down for you to wish you had kept browsing

Not at all. You probably don't get a lot of recognition for all that you are doing. It's certainly no waste of anyone's time in reading your story here. You're a good guy shadowwalker.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I think that's backwards. I think a good husband would tell his wife that she cannot have any french fries, that he's really looking out for her health and doesn't want her to gain any more weight.

Okay, on second thought, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea!
“Why do you want fries, honey? They’ll just make your bottom even bigger than it is now.”

Said no surviving husband ever.

:D

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
My wife has spent the last 30 years making my meals, washing my clothes, keeping my house clean, raising AND educating my children, and generally being amazing and wonderful.

SHE CAN HAVE WHATEVER THE HELL SHE WANTS.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
So what the heck did you bring to the marriage besides your good looks? ( sarcasm light on)
Not a damned thing, really. You could say that a good income, strong work ethic, and some handy skills might contribute some to my share, but the balance sheet is definitely not anywhere near even here...

Some gals are just incomprehensible that way.

For me, it's a bit like I won the lottery, actually... :wink:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've been married and divorced twice with girlfriends in between. Never shared fries with any of them. Always wondered what I was doing wrong. Now I know!!!

Reactions: G26Raven
21 - 40 of 48 Posts