Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you afraid to speak up? Throughout my life, I have gotten into trouble for speaking up. I still speak up. I am incapable of sitting back and not taking action.

·
Super Moderator
23,239 Posts
My passion is a strength, my impulsiveness, though measured, is not. I've never been good about biting my tongue. When I was a partner, my reluctance to avoid speaking out was sorely tested, and my career path was undoubtedly effected.

I would not live any other way.

As I have aged, my opinions and passioned have hardened.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm in a fortunate position that I'm pretty much not dependent on anyone to meet my financial needs. In that regard, I usually say what I think, although I don't waste time trying to change someone's mind when I know they're not susceptible to change. I would not join a club (like a gym) the announced purposes of which were contrary to my own beliefs, but I do tend to keep my opinions to myself when I'm there unless I'm speaking to someone whom I know shares my opinions.

On the other hand, I think being an employer or employee in this upside down environment would be utterly miserable. I'd probably keep my mouth shut although I'd hate doing it.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I usually say what I think, although I don't waste time trying to change someone's mind when I know they're not susceptible to change. I would not join a club (like a gym) the announced purposes of which were contrary to my own beliefs, but I do tend to keep my opinions to myself when I'm there unless I'm speaking to someone whom I know shares my opinions.

^^^This^^^

That's pretty much my POV, but Skidboot stated it better than I would have.

Reactions: G26Raven and OD*

·
Premium Member
4,367 Posts
Contrary to what many believe the world is black and white, right or wrong. I speak my mind when it matters. Have paid a high price for it at times. No job is worth sacrificing your values or character for.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I make it a point to never inflict my uninvited opinions on other folk when venturing out in public places... And if other folk rudely inflict their uninvited opinions on me, I tell them to shove off.

Going around running your stupid mouths in public is a good way to end-up requiring dental work.

1593527088276.png

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
There's no "GRAY" in my vocabulary. I'll call it like I see it, like it or don't.
Sometimes, I'll avoid a verbal confrontation. Like a wiser man said, "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience"

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I make it a point to never inflict my uninvited opinions on other folk when venturing out in public places... And if other folk rudely inflict their uninvited opinions on me, I tell them to shove off.

Going around running your stupid mouths in public is a good way to end-up requiring dental work.

View attachment 332615
Reminds me of one of my favorite memes:

·
Registered
570 Posts
I try to respect the right for everyone to have whatever opinion they wish. For that reason I generally keep my opinions to myself unless asked. My problem is that I despise big mouth bullies that inflict their views on everyone in sight. I always respond to them and it does bring on trouble occasionally. That is just an acceptable cost for standing up when you should IMO.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I’m filterless when it comes to my mouth, if it’s in my head unfortunately it seems to spill out and sometimes at the very time that my mouth should have a been closed.

don’t ask me what I think unless you really want to know.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts