Defensive Carry banner

Are you carrying any bombs?

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Random 
#1 ·
OK, so I go to a Federal facility for a job interview. They take my ID and wand me. As the guard is wanding me, he asks, "Are you carrying any guns, knives or bombs?"

"What?"

"Are you carrying any guns, knives or bombs?"

"No, sir, I am not"

He finishes wanding me and tells me I am cleared to enter.

Wow. I felt so much safer. :blink:

#2 ·
This is often a question asked just to see how a person will react and how he will answer...

Dont sweat it, if you had acted nervous an appeared to be guilty they may have dug a little deeper with the questions...

Or you could have just said no not at the present time:rofl:

#12 ·
This is often a question asked just to see how a person will react and how he will answer...

Dont sweat it, if you had acted nervous an appeared to be guilty they may have dug a little deeper with the questions...

Or you could have just said no not at the present time:rofl:

...and they don't care where they have to dig...:blink:...ouch!

#3 ·
When I worked security, we'd ask "so, no guns, drugs, knives, bazookas, or body parts on ya tonight??" If the person smiled and took the last two parts as a joke then they probably had nothing to hide, but 9 times out of 10, if they simply answered no to the question they ended up having something that the PhxPd was interested in (usually drugs.) Some simple psychological play at its best.

#7 ·
"No sir, no guns, knives, or...um, well, does a double-bean and cheese burrito count?" :blink:

#10 ·
I would feel safer if it were military manning the gate where I work. I trust the rent-a-cops about as far as I can heave one.

The fact that these bozos, who seem to spend most of their time making conversation back and forth to each other across the lanes of traffic, can carry on post, and I can't, bothers me to a great extent.

But the pay is good ... so I stay...

#11 ·
More than likely I would have said no, I left them all in my truck and laughed. Not a big deal really... More than likely looking for your reaction and maybe just adding humor but being a federal facility probably a reactionary question.

#13 ·
When I search people, I ask "¿Tiene pistola, navaja, cuchillo, heringa, escopeta, bazuca, espada, metralleta, grenada, o algo que puede perjudicarme?" ["Do you have a pistol, pocket knife, fixed blade knife, syringe/needle, shotgun, bazooka, sword, machinegun, grenade, or something that can harm me?] Sometimes I ask about tanques too. Most people laugh and answer negatively. I had one ask me where he could carry a tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.