·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
Are You in the 37.82916% ?

Are you in the 37.82916% of people who believe that 93.63827% of statistics are just numbers somebody pulled out of their, uh, ... hat?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
At least Paul Revere will have it easier this time:

GEICO Paul Revere Commercial - Happier than Paul Revere with a Cell Phone - YouTube

Amusing little historical piece of useless trivia, the real Paul Revere stopped at numerous pubs during his famous ride and was very drunk (and rowdy) by the time he was into his ride, so much so that he was detained by British soldiers in an 18th century DWI stop of sorts. They evidently let him go despite what he was shouting since they wrote him off as just some drunk...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This sure feels like more of the "intellectual academic" types trying to build a case for why guns should be confiscated from all those dangerous "******* revolutionaries" out there.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I have heard this same scentiment many, many times before. I of course have no opinion regarding such things, as I firmly belive our Government does
everything absolutely in the Peoples' best interest, and are totally innocent of any wrong doing in ALL of its endeavors. :image035:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
Said, with reference to the French Revolution, not the USA.

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
Said, with reference to the French Revolution, not the USA.
Beg to differ.

Jefferson wrote this in reference to Shays' Rebellion in Massachusetts. It had nothing to do with the French Revolution.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Does that make it any less valid?
YES, and I have explained why on this board many times. There is a difference between a tyrant and a
government consisting of the many moving and interacting parts which comprise our government. The founders
not only would not have considered the possibility of rebellion being needed against a government under our constitution,
but they had a little experience with some hot-spots of rebellion and knew how to put them down, and the necessity of doing so.
And that included old TJ himself, when he was president.

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is the way I see it. The majority of Americans do not have what it takes to be involved in an armed revolution. The closest we would ever come is a militia group or some other small percentage of Americans rising up and subsequently be slapped back into place by the long arm of our advanced military. To think that an armed revolution could take place in which the US Military is on the opposing side is laughable. However, if the Military were on the revolution side that is a different story. Our military despite certain people in powers best effort remains the best in the world. I don't care how may guns or ammunition remain in the hand of the US people, No living American have never seen the horror of war at their door steps. When kids are dying in the streets any revolution talk will come to an end in short order.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The closest we would ever come is a militia group or some other small percentage of Americans rising up and subsequently be slapped back into place by the long arm of our advanced military.
The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 forbids the use of US Military to enforce laws within the United States!

Why the heck do you think they needed to establish the "Department of Homeland Security"! Adolf and Joseph are rolling over in their graves laughing and asking why didn't we think of that! Wait they did, the SS and KGB!

Link: Citizen Corps | Homeland Security

·
Registered
9,341 Posts

Just a few short months ago repeated in cities like Houston,Chicago. Added to that what the DHS has been purchasing in Ammo, AFV's and Life like targets that depict the average gun owner (Including pregnant woman). But to think that GOVERNMENT wants to go to war with it's citizens... I guess that makes me a candidate for a FOIL HAT !

·
Registered
9,341 Posts

This one was from someones cell phone.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I will stand with my country men. I will stand for the defense of the constitution. I will not waiver. AMEN....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts