Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you own your favorite gun?
Any new gun out of the box is the perfect one for you?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dang good question.

I bought a Sig Nightmare Carry last month, and as awesome as it is, I need to practice more on building that muscle memory back in regards to working the thumb safety. I have not had a 1911 for almost 2.5 years prior to this purchase, so it has been a concern of mine. Oh well, just something to work on!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
No gun is perfect. The trick, for me anyway, is to find one that has the least drawbacks that I can live with. Holsters are a bigger challenge in trying to find "the right one".

Reactions: rachilders

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Hmmm....each gun i have fills a certain role, and it is perfect for that role. I dont have one gun that does everything perfectly.... thats why i buy more guns :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
245 Posts
For me, the M&P 9c is close. There's always something that bugs me a little about every carry gun I've used. For example, I wish the undercut on the M&P's trigger guard was more like the Glock's. It rubs up hard against my middle finger, and when I practice a lot, it hurts.
I might try a little reshaping on my blue gun first, and see if I can "improve" it. No big deal, though, and nothing I'm not used to, but I think my "perfect" gun would be a little bit of this from gun "X", a little bit of that from gun "Y", etc.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I am not totally happy with my P95. I like everything about the gun except the fact that I can barely go a full magazine without a hiccup of some sort. I know that's not the norm for these pistols so as soon as we pick up my wife's new pistol (today!) I'm going to send it in to hopefully get fixed. Eventually (hopefully somewhat soon) I plan on getting a G26 or 19 hoping it'll be THE pistol. :wink:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I love my XD 9 right out of the box, but that does not mean there is something out there that is better for me.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes, Glock 23, the grip , slide+barrel and capacity are full size-ish to me and it carries very nicely - compact-ish. I practice with it almost almost daily (usually dry fire practice + also drawing and mag changes) so I am very proficient + comfortable with it. I use a G19 for IDPA, that's the only other pistol I would trade for. So far anyways, but I feel set.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I have really enjoyed my S&W Full Size 9 and Shield out of the box. But those are my first two pistols I've owned...I don't have enough experience yet to really give "expert" opinion on this. When I buy a few more pistols in the next few years, I think I'll be better equipped to give personal insight here.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Every gun has good and no so good features. To have the perfect gun you would have to have it built special. Then once you started shooting it, you would find something you would have done different.

Reactions: miller_man

·
Registered
938 Posts
I am content to the point I am not looking for another gun. I like the way my EDC (XD40sc) shoots, have several carry methods that are satisfactory. I'm looking at adding night sites to it, as I have them on my HD (XD40 4") weapon.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Nothing will ever replace my 228...so that would be a YES

1 - 20 of 105 Posts