Defensive Carry banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Modern Democrat protesters provide the opportunity for public violence. We have been inundated with examples recently. There is nothing morally incorrect for people to post themselves as armed guards of their property! Is there?

Not every gun owner handles their firearms as smoothly as Sgt. Rock, but the couple did no harm except roil the delicate sensibilities of self-styled elites.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
"THEY" were not targeted for protest. They live on the same street as the mayor (Portland Place), who they were asking to resign because of a boneheaded move where she publicly announced names and addresses of people who corresponded with her. They made it about themselves by coming out to try to stop people from coming onto the private street as if it were their own property (it is not: a private street is not owned by the individual property owners but is maintained by the neighborhood association) and then both made all kinds of rookie gun handling mistakes which made it a national spectacle. The people were walking PAST their property on the street and sidewalk. They're ambulance chaser personal injury lawyers.
What does their profession have to do with their perception that they were in danger?

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
"THEY" were not targeted for protest. They live on the same street as the mayor (Portland Place), who they were asking to resign because of a boneheaded move where she publicly announced names and addresses of people who corresponded with her. They made it about themselves by coming out to try to stop people from coming onto the private street as if it were their own property (it is not: a private street is not owned by the individual property owners but is maintained by the neighborhood association) and then both made all kinds of rookie gun handling mistakes which made it a national spectacle. The people were walking PAST their property on the street and sidewalk. They're ambulance chaser personal injury lawyers.
Every single thing you said here is wrong. I recommend watching the interview of the home owner with Chris Cuomo on CNN. You will see exactly why everything they did makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
This thread is a perfect example of why the left is winning the gun debate. Some of these responses are rediculous.
Oh I don't know. This thread is a showcase for a number things:

Blindness - selective, or otherwise

Lack of Reading comprehension - laid squarely at the feet of our failed educational / indoctrinational system

The sheer audacity of internet "lawyers" quoting gun law without also quoting all applicable case law and educational credentials

Failure to learn the fine art of infiltration - joining a gun board for the sole purpose of getting a check from Uncle George, then spouting off stuff that instantly identifies you

The infernal notion that if one doesn't get "professional training" one isn't qualified or privileged enough to handle a gun

I could go on, but I'm more curious how someone like the old Nazi collaborator George Soros has survived so long.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Oh I don't know. This thread is a showcase for a number things:

Blindness - selective, or otherwise

Lack of Reading comprehension - laid squarely at the feet of our failed educational / indoctrinational system

The sheer audacity of internet "lawyers" quoting gun law without also quoting all applicable case law and educational credentials

Failure to learn the fine art of infiltration - joining a gun board for the sole purpose of getting a check from Uncle George, then spouting off stuff that instantly identifies you

The infernal notion that if one doesn't get "professional training" one isn't qualified or privileged enough to handle a gun

I could go on, but I'm more curious how someone like the old Nazi collaborator George Soros has survived so long.
Exactly what I meant, you just pointed out some of the rediculous responses and I didn't lol.

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
I see it’s time to take out the trash.

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
565 Posts
Every single thing you said here is wrong. I recommend watching the interview of the home owner with Chris Cuomo on CNN. You will see exactly why everything they did makes perfect sense.
I would love to see that interview. Does someone have a link?
My news comes from St Louis. This was plastered all over. I recently became aware of an incident in STL where a protester shot himself in the foot during a protest. OUR LOCAL NEWS DIDN'T EVEN MENTION IT!
What those homeowners did was very brave. You could tell they're not "gun people".

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
I would love to see that interview. Does someone have a link?
My news comes from St Louis. This was plastered all over. I recently became aware of an incident in STL where a protester shot himself in the foot during a protest. OUR LOCAL NEWS DIDN'T EVEN MENTION IT!
What those homeowners did was very brave. You could tell they're not "gun people".
Here you go.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Any word yet on whether or not the DA will be brought up on charges for having publicly threatened legal action against the homeowners? Most states have laws preventing that sort of action, particularly when the individuals were following the law. About the most the DA could legally say is, "We're reviewing the details, including the video, and will make a determination regarding their actions, soon."

Given the totality of the evidence, the DA OWES both the couple and the public something along the lines of, "After a thorough review of the video and eyewitness evidence, we have determined the couple did not violate the law in protecting their private property, their home, and their own personal safety. Therefore, no charges will be filed."

What I'd really like to hear from that DA is something like, "Twenty-three violent trespassers have been identified and arrested. Yes, destruction of property constites a crime of violence. Charges are pending, but will include destruction of private property and violations of state trespassing laws as well as federal riot laws."

Reactions: Havok

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #113

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
St. Louis gets what George Soros paid for, far-left looney city attorney Kim Gardener.

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
101 - 116 of 116 Posts