Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 10 x 12 Level IIIA Lightweight steel plate on sale from these folks. They are having a pretty good sale right now for the 4th of July.

I have two vests...

A quick don one with Level IIIA soft armor in the back and the Lightweight Steel Level IIIA plate in front. The steel plate is curved, has what they call an "advanced shooter's cut", is .2 inches thick and weighs 4.8 pounds. I run these in a Veritas Plate Carrier which can be put on in about 10 seconds. This one also works for Mrs OldChap, should we ever need it.

The other one is a Testudo Gen 2 with the cummerbund system. It has a Level III steel plate in back and a Level III+ Lightweight Steel plate in front. The III+ plate protects against everything up to 30.06 M2AP rounds. It has Level IIIA soft plates in the sides to protect against strikes from that direction and also has a Level IIIA soft plate in the abdominal pouch. This one also holds 8 AR-15 mags and 4 pistol mags, plus a chest holster that will hold a variey of duty-size guns. This rig is a bit heavier than the Veritas, but you can still get it on in under 15 seconds, as long as you have it set up right and have practiced.

I assembled these piece by piece over time and picked up various pieces that were on sale. Given all the "stuff" going on, I figure they might be extremely useful if things go from bad to worse.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Been thinking about getting something from them.

Reactions: OldChap
1 - 2 of 2 Posts