Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried logging in to armslist and got this message:

"not verified
You have reached a domain that is pending ICANN verification.

As of January 1, 2014 the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) will mandate that all ICANN accredited registrars begin verifying the Registrant WHOIS contact information for all new domain registrations and Registrant contact modifications."

Anyone know what's going on with this?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
From your message, the owner of the domain name forgot submit the annual verification to ICANN. It's extremely easy, and is usually not much more than clicking on the link in the reminder email.

THAT BEING SAID, I do not get that message right now at armslist.com. Can you reload the page and see if you get it now? If you do, check the spelling of the website address you're going to.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
642 Posts
Found this:

You have reached a domain that is pending ICANN verification.

As of January 1, 2014 the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) will mandate that all ICANN accredited registrars begin verifying the Registrant WHOIS contact information for all new domain registrations and Registrant contact modifications.

Why this domain has been suspended

Email address has not been verified.

This is a new domain registration and the Registrant email address has not been verified.

or

The Registrant contact data for this domain was modified but still requires verification.
Specifically the First Name, Last Name and/or email address have been changed and never verified.

If you're the site owner, reactivate your site

ARMSLIST - Firearms Classifieds

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's back up!

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I have had several domains throughout the years till this day where I did not put my personal information in the whois despite ICANN's requirements. I never had any issues. My guess is that some antigun entity reported or brought this about.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It's working from here.

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
The web site from which I buy some of my supplements went down one day just like that. Fortunately someone at the company noticed it and was able to "pay the rent" in time to prevent someone else from buying their domain name.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got back to the computer. Checked again & says this:

"You have reached a domain that was pending verification per ICANN rules but has since been verified. It may take 24 to 48 hours for the website to come back online."

Looks like it's good to go after a wait. Tried reloading the page but got same message. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
20,089 Posts
Its down here at this time.

·
Registered
20,089 Posts
Yeah that's too bad. Like to stay on top of that one - never know when a deal will pop up. They don't last long.
By the way, I apologize for being short with you the other day
Truthfully, I didn't think nothing of it.
We all can get a little irritated sometimes.

Reactions: dp1911
1 - 16 of 16 Posts