Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually after going back and rereading it , it didn't say 320 so I better correct the title. I took it was the 320 since it said modular, but I don't want to assume. :)

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Not too surprising I suppose. Sig certainly has the modular part beat over Glock and S&W. Imagine instead of stocking individual parts in the field, they just issue replacement FCU's. Slide tear down is similar to Glock. Plenty accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well dummy me doesn't know how to correct the title. SORRY!

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
This will be a nice upgrade for these guys. Sig makes great guns. Whether its the 320, 226, or something entirely different, it will be a huge step up from the Beretta.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Actually after going back and rereading it , it didn't say 320 so I better correct the title. I took it was the 320 since it said modular, but I don't want to assume. :)
Other sources say 320, so probably correct. Wonder if the base model will include reflex sights for everybody? If they do, it'll be "everybody gets a trophy" day at range quals. :)

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I bet more like the 250 with a safety. The army doesn't like guns without safeties and I can't imagine they would go with a striker fired gun without a safety. Well, I can imagine it, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bet more like the 250 with a safety. The army doesn't like guns without safeties and I can't imagine they would go with a striker fired gun without a safety. Well, I can imagine it, but I doubt it.
That would make things interesting. I noticed awhile back that Sig no longer list their 250 except in 22lr. Not sue if the other 250's were dropped due to poor sales or what. :icon_neutral:

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I'm actually pretty shocked! No knock on the Sig but I figured the Army was just kicking the tires like usual, with no real intention of making a change. Guess I was wrong! I had thought that Sig made their rifles in the US and their sidearms in Switzerland? Presumably due the Barry Amendment these will be made in the US?

FWIW it seems like the Sig ticks off all the boxes. Again, maybe it's not the 320 but something else, but the 320 is modular, good trigger, many options, etc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have read that it's the 320 with a safety. Funny enough I'm eyeing the full size 320 for my range gun :yup:
From G&A

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We can just leave it . The article I posted didn't state it was the 320 but I think the 320 was the only one Sig entered.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm actually pretty shocked! No knock on the Sig but I figured the Army was just kicking the tires like usual, with no real intention of making a change. Guess I was wrong! I had thought that Sig made their rifles in the US and their sidearms in Switzerland? Presumably due the Barry Amendment these will be made in the US?

FWIW it seems like the Sig ticks off all the boxes. Again, maybe it's not the 320 but something else, but the 320 is modular, good trigger, many options, etc.
The majority of the Sig pistols have been made in the US for some time now. A lot of folks get giddish if they get one with a German frame.

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
The P320 definitely seems to be a hit. Gonna have to try one out.

·
Super Moderator
22,262 Posts
We can just leave it . The article I posted didn't state it was the 320 but I think the 320 was the only one Sig entered.
:hand10:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
If it is a Modular SIG then it's the 320. I have one (w/o the safety and it is a good weapon.

Simple to field strip,easily modified and even an idiot like me finds it easy to operate.

It is also relatively inexpensive which should pass muster with the new, improved and more frugal administration.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts