Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any sympathy for these "protesters." When the police are surrounded by a hostile crowd and you don't know who may be carrying a knife or other weapon, the "protesters" take their chances. You can only push people so far before they react.

Rockford, Illinois has a population of approximately 152,000.

·
Super Moderator
16,816 Posts
Don’t you worry none about the thugs and hooligans. Democrat and former member of the Illinois House of Representatives Litesa Wallace is bailing everyone out.
That is the most disgusting part.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
They need to stop calling them protestors. They are scumbag criminals.

Good example of taking out the trash. Well done job by the boys in blue.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
These democratic politicians who continue to support and encourage the trouble need to be scooped up with the rest of them. Some of those protesters didn't look too comfortable on the ground.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
"Don’t you worry none about the thugs and hooligans. Democrat and former member of the Illinois House of Representatives Litesa Wallace is bailing everyone out."

Need to up the bail to about $2mill each. If arrested again, $20mill and the original bail is forfeit and goes into the police discretionary funding.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Need to up the bail to about $2mill each. If arrested again, $20mill and the original bail is forfeit and goes into the police discretionary funding.
That would be a violation of the 8th Amendment.
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
I do not condone their behavior in the slightest. But, if we support and propose violating other people's rights because we don't like what they say or do, we are no better than those who would like to take away our 2nd Amendment rights because they don't like us having guns. The purpose of bail is to ensure the person will be present for their court proceedings. It is not supposed to be used as a punishment or a fine.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
That would be a violation of the 8th Amendment.

I do not condone their behavior in the slightest. But, if we support and propose violating other people's rights because we don't like what they say or do, we are no better than those who would like to take away our 2nd Amendment rights because they don't like us having guns. The purpose of bail is to ensure the person will be present for their court proceedings. It is not supposed to be used as a punishment or a fine.
If someone else pays a person's bail, that person has no incentive to return as they will be out nothing.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
These democratic politicians who continue to support and encourage the trouble need to be scooped up with the rest of them. Some of those protesters didn't look too comfortable on the ground.
I'm perfectly content to go into the election with Democrats as the clear pro-riot, looting and destruction party.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If someone else pays a person's bail, that person has no incentive to return as they will be out nothing.
If they do not show up for their court case, they will risk additional charges and penalties (as well as being jailed until their court case). Besides, it is no one's business who pays the bail (unless done with criminal intent). People have their bail paid by others all the time. Again, I'm not condoning their actions, but our rights are there to protect us from government abuse - especially when our actions are not "favorable". If we only advocate for rights of those we agree with or approve of then they are not rights, they are privileges.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The Rose City Antifa in Portland OR apparently has a bail fund of $1.3 million. Given that they fund raise before they riot I'd think that would indicate a large degree of premeditation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts