Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have said a prayer for her SisterGranny. It was the same prayer that I said over and over again when my wife fought cancer 4 times. She survived to succumb to a stroke fifteen years after she beat cancer. There is always hope and when hope runs out there is freedom from disease in a better life. My prayer was one I said over badly wounded Marines in Nam. I adapted it for praying for my wife.

"Dear God, I do not question your wisdom or judgement. I ask for mercy for my wife who has spent her life doing good for others. Our world needs more people who do good. Please spare her so she may continue to do so."

I do not know if it did any good, but I know it did no harm. Help your friend Sister Granny in her time of great need. That is a prayer in itself.
I'm adopting that prayer and spoke it for your friend, SG. :yup:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Granny Prayers have been sent. Cancer is word I wish we could eliminate from all human language. It should be as extinct as the dinosaurs. My wife had cancer when we were married in 1991. She survived and is still with me (that could be considered quite a feat in itself). Will continue to pray for the best for all involved.

·
Premium Member
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Prayers sent and tell about CBD oil. The CBD oil really makes a difference especially when doing chemo
I did tell her and strongly encouraged her to take it, even offering to pay for it for her. But she asked the surgeon about the CBD oil and also about Helix extract capsules, which are powerful anti-cancer agents for people with Type A blood. The doctor said absolutely not. I know there are some cancer centers that allow and even encourage people to take the CBD oil.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I did tell her and strongly encouraged her to take it, even offering to pay for it for her. But she asked the surgeon about the CBD oil and also about Helix extract capsules, which are powerful anti-cancer agents for people with Type A blood. The doctor said absolutely not. I know there are some cancer centers that allow and even encourage people to take the CBD oil.
The field of Oncology is filled with very different and esoteric new drugs used to keep us cancer patients alive. Some of them have very narrow windows of tolerance for other substances. For example, in my (almost) 6 year continuing battle, I had one medication that I was NOT allowed to eat or drink anything containing grapefruit, as it had a significant impact on the efficacy of the drug that was helping keep me alive.

She will need lots of energy and calories to fuel the fight, even though she will not feel like eating. Milkshakes made with high protein Ensures or Boost are a good thing.

The weakness from radiation is cumulative....it starts out easy, then gets progressively harder and harder. The side-effects last full force for about a month AFTER treatments stop.

Prayer for her strength and courage.

·
Registered
340 Posts
A very good friend, now deceased, was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer....he drove from TX to CO to buy the CBD.....the only thing that actually worked for him.....he was never a drug user.....a beer or two was the only "drug" he used until he could not stand the pain any more.....Paul

·
Premium Member
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
She will need lots of energy and calories to fuel the fight, even though she will not feel like eating. Milkshakes made with high protein Ensures or Boost are a good thing.
Prayer for her strength and courage.
We (both she and I) do not eat or drink the chemicals which Boost and Ensure are filled with. However, I did send her two large containers of the very effective protein powder that we both use in our smoothies. She could easily double the amount of that and get huge protein intake along with real fruits and vegetables. I'll be sure to pass along your "been there, done that" advice when she gets to the point of the treatments.

Her wonderful daughter has been cooking meals and bringing them over and their freezer is full of good, nourishing meals ready to thaw and heat. She has two or three women who are taking turns coming to be with her during the days when her husband works, to help her take showers and fix her meals for her. The post surgery pain is intense at this point and the doctor's office assures her it is "normal" as the nerves re-awaken.

God is providing, but she still needs lots and lots of supportive prayers, for sure.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
We (both she and I) do not eat or drink the chemicals which Boost and Ensure are filled with. However, I did send her two large containers of the very effective protein powder that we both use in our smoothies. She could easily double the amount of that and get huge protein intake along with real fruits and vegetables. I'll be sure to pass along your "been there, done that" advice when she gets to the point of the treatments.

Her wonderful daughter has been cooking meals and bringing them over and their freezer is full of good, nourishing meals ready to thaw and heat. She has two or three women who are taking turns coming to be with her during the days when her husband works, to help her take showers and fix her meals for her. The post surgery pain is intense at this point and the doctor's office assures her it is "normal" as the nerves re-awaken.

God is providing, but she still needs lots and lots of supportive prayers, for sure.
That's a good thing, BUT, as anyone whose been on chemo can attest, you can be hungry for something and in the time it takes to heat it up, your stomach says "Absolutely NO WAY, NO HOW!!!!" Having a simple, quick and easy meal replacement is essential.

I can appreciate you and Mr. Shooter Granny :image035: not wanting those chemicals in Ensure/Boost, but maybe you should let her decide---I mean with all the mean chemicals (chemo) they are pouring directly into her bloodstream, the minuscule amounts of chemicals in a boost or ensure are literally a drop in the bucket.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts